JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just picked up one of these and had some questions.

The dude I bought it from said he bought it new. He couldn't remember for sure when he bought it but thought it was 4 or 5 years ago. The serial number is 98007921. Can anyone tell me when this was made?

I know the new ones are suppose to be garbage since remington/cerebus has been ruining everything. Is this one old enough that it should be ok?

What are these going for in excellent shape right now?

What's the deal with the "marlin jam"? Will these only feed certain kinds of ammo or something?

Would shooting light .38specials through it cause a squib?

Anything else I should know?

thanks

good gun. The marlin jam is a manufacturing problem that is fixable here is a link Marlin94Fix
if you use alot of 38 special clean it before going back to 357 same concept as a revolver. I have a winchester 357 and got rid of my marlin but everyone is different

I'm really into Marlins (let me know if you want to sell it ;))

First thing, it was made in 2002 (subtract the first two digits from 100 to get the year of manufacture), so no need to worry about getting a "Remlin", as that happened post-2009

My 1894c will shoot any ammo. No prob, 38 sp or 357 mag, reloads, anything

Trick to these is to keep the screws tight, other than that, just enjoy her!

Oh, and you can tell if you have a marlin made model or a Remington made model by checking the barrel stamp next to the receiver. If made by marlin and a good one, it will say "JM", if it's a Remlin the barrel will say "REP"

thanks for the info

I put about 80rds through it earlier, mainly .38, and it shot great with everything I tried. The action is better than the win. M94 .30-30s I've shot, but it's still not as smooth as the marlin .45-70 I use to have. The recoil and report on the .38s is really nice too. I forgot how much I hate the loading gate on lever actions though, especially since I wear gloves when I shoot and the tip of the finger of my glove kept getting pinched.

It's not as fun as a beretta storm, but it's probably about as good as it's going to get for a lever action.

when loading a lever gun I use the nose of one bullet against the back of one partially inserted into the gate.No pinched fingers that way.I do it 2 handed,left hand keeps bullet from popping out whil I reach for another round.Very fast to load that way,and you only get ur glove caught on the last round,lol

Trick to these is to keep the screws tight, other than that, just enjoy her!

I love my 1894 as well, and everyone who gets a chance to shoot it wants one. They are just great guns. This is the best advice. I though I had the "Marlin Jam" it is one of the reason the gun was sold to me. However, I found the only problem was a few screws coming loose and me not paying attention. I have used some blue lock-tite on a few of them, but I usually hit them all with a screw driver after I am done cleaning.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top