JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Several years ago I got my Springfield TRP. Really enjoyed it. At about the same time the wife did her own research and bought herself a Desert Eagle 1911 45acp in stainless. Dang but I have always liked her Desert Eagle better! Feels better in my hands and shoots straighter and with more accuracy than any 45acp I have ever handled. She would allow me to run a mag through it once during each range session while she plinked away with the TRP. It became an itch I couldn't scratch. I loved her Desert Eagle and she disliked my TRP. Fast forward all these years and I finally got honest with my experiences. I ordered a DE1911 45acp in stainless steel this week. Wife was thrilled as I will now have my own DE over which to drool and leave fingerprints. Does this make me a bad husband? :(

Several years ago I got my Springfield TRP. Really enjoyed it. At about the same time the wife did her own research and bought herself a Desert Eagle 1911 45acp in stainless. Dang but I have always liked her Desert Eagle better! Feels better in my hands and shoots straighter and with more accuracy than any 45acp I have ever handled. She would allow me to run a mag through it once during each range session while she plinked away with the TRP. It became an itch I couldn't scratch. I loved her Desert Eagle and she disliked my TRP. Fast forward all these years and I finally got honest with my experiences. I ordered a DE1911 45acp in stainless steel this week. Wife was thrilled as I will now have my own DE over which to drool and leave fingerprints. Does this make me a bad husband? :(

Does what make you a bad husband? You said she was thrilled right?

I don't quite get your conundrum......

Happy happy happy. Brought the DE home from my LGS after work yesterday. Stripped it all down cleaned it and greased it. Been dry firing it with a laser dry fire "round" and it performs as I had hoped. Range day is Sunday. Looking forward to the first live fire session. Plan is to start with some commercial rounds and then with my reloads.

It was a great day at the range yesterday. Began the session with live fire checking of mag functions. You know 2 rounds in mag shooting to check 1) will it feed 2) will it lock back after last round fired. DE passed with flying colors. Next moved on to firing some commercial fmj and then jhp defensive rounds. All went well. No issues and the DE was smooth as butter and right on target. POA=POI. Shot quite a few at 25 yards and hit the small gong more times than not. Finished up the day with another 100 rounds or so of my 45acp reloads. Nary an issue all day. Brought it home and cleaned 'er up as usual. Nothing amiss on the insides either. Was cleaning wife's pistol too and checked the wear patterns on her broken in DE to this new one. Looked the same with nothing that made me go "hmmmmm". This is my first new in box pistol after several years of having purchased good used ones... a couple from members for our forum. Glad I purchased this one. Thanks for reading!

Post script. Kahr/Magnum Research has made a couple of tweeks on the DE since my wife bought hers several years ago. White three dot sights now. New G10 grips that are fairly aggressive and remind me of the LOK grips I put on the TRP way back. Makes for a great purchase on the pistol.