JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We used suppressors on our M21's when I was doing that sorta thing in the Army.
It worked for us.
I like the idea but ...
As a regular line Infantryman with all the other gear you are weighed down with and have to take care of
a extra bit may be a bit too much.
The extra pound or two may not sound like much while typing on your keyboard but during a forced road march or out in the field it can feel like a ton.
Andy

Last Edited:
We used suppressors on our M21's when I was doing that sorta thing in the Army.
It worked for us.
That said , as a regular line Infantryman with all the other gear you a weighed down with and have to take care of , a extra bit may be a bit too much.
The extra pound or two may not sound like much while typing on your keyboard but during a forced road march or out in the field it can feel like a ton.
Andy
I agree with you for back when we were in the Army, but modern day infantry units don't walk great distances.

Infantry units don't walk great distances anymore? .... Yikes!
Not sure I'm liking that at all.
What if your truck or APC breaks down? or if your bird can't make in?
Hmmm.....
( thanks for making me feel old LOL :D )
Andy

I get where your coming from on weight Andy but I think that there are a lot of up sides to carrying one. My ears sure would have loved one when we were clearing buildings.

I also think in situations like clearing buildings it would give our boys more of the upper hand not letting the sand jockeys know your coming. I'm sure there a lot of negative things as well but I'm guessing that the positive will out weigh the negative

You have any idea how much equipment we leave behind now? Talk to anyone who was in the latest sand box and it will make you see red. A few cans if ever left would be a joke compared to what we regularly give the bad guys these days.
You mean like this :mad:

U.S. Shoots Itself In the Foot By Accidentally Arming ISIS

Or this

Scrap Heap of War: Billions in equipment being left behind in Afghanistan

Or this

U.S.-supplied equipment abandoned by Iraqi troops in Ramadi

Or

ISIS Captures Hundreds of US Vehicles and Tanks in Ramadi from Iraqis | Military.com

Yes, that is exactly what I meant. It makes my blood boil how much is thrown away yet when the guys come back they can't fund stupid stuff like medical for them. If they have to toss a few cans it would be WELL worth it in my mind. For much of the fighting there the Suppressors would help a LOT.

When I was stationed at Fort Ord my LT would make us go out in the dunes and bury brand new tires for vehicles. :mad:

There reasoning was if we still had them in the motor pool then we wouldn't get our new allotment when it came out. I can't even tell you how many are buried out there. I always wanted to go back and see if I could find some of that stuff.

When I was stationed at Fort Ord my LT would make us go out in the dunes and bury brand new tires for vehicles. :mad:

There reasoning was if we still had them in the motor pool then we wouldn't get our new allotment when it came out. I can't even tell you how many are buried out there. I always wanted to go back and see if I could find some of that stuff.
Our taxes working for us. :mad:

I just read American Sniper, Chris Kyle (and all the SEALs) used suppressors quite a bit, to great effect. It just makes sense that the military would start issuing them as standard equipment for everyone.
An added side benefit of this is that it might help the general public to stop seeing silencers as evil tools only used by hit men for nefarious purposes.

Not to mention, having ex-military come back home with hearing intact...

The noise of gunfire can create an artificial stimulus that gives the illusion of effectiveness, he said. When it's taken away, he explained, Marines pay more attention to their shooting and its effect on target.

Maybe can recover some weight by carrying less ammo, since the shooting is more effective. I realize "less ammo" is probably a dirty word... ;)

Not to mention, having ex-military come back home with hearing intact...

Maybe can recover some weight by carrying less ammo, since the shooting is more effective. I realize "less ammo" is probably a dirty word... ;)

Funny I was thinking same amount of ammo with more effective shooting means they wouldn't run out of ammo in a sustained fire fight. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top