JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With ammo being as expensive as it is and not really going out shooting with anyone, I saw an ad for the Mantis X10 and decided to go for it. It is a sensor that mounts to a standard rail and talks to an app you download on your smart phone. The base system was $249 and came with the sensor, charging cable, sticker, case, and a generic shotgun barrel based mount. I also picked up a P365 specific adapter and a universal rail that clamps onto the barrel of a revolver or rifle. I'm using it with my Glock 19 so far with one of those rimless Azoom 9mm snap caps so it doesn't eject every time. Setup was super easy and it has a bunch of different drills you can run through. There is a spot on the wall in my office I aim at, but no specific target is required. It measures the movement of your gun just before the trigger press, at the moment you press, and right after. It then does analysis to tell you what you did wrong and suggests how to correct it. Since it attaches to a rail, you can use it for dry fire or with live rounds and get the same kind of feedback and graphs. It has several different training courses with goals like "score at least a 75 in drill X with both your dominant and support hands" or "'shoot' at least 30 rounds a day for 4 days". I've barely scratched the surface, but so far it has allowed me to get some much needed practice without actually going shooting. I enjoy the challenges and it is blunt with it's feedback and scoring. Out of several hundred shots, I've only had it misread 2 or 3 times where it didn't detect the shot or scored it in a way I didn't agree with. Anyway, I'm not associated with the company, but I've found it a useful tool so far and wanted to share my thoughts with those that might also enjoy it.

Product page: https://mantisx.com/products/mantis-x10-elite

A few video reviews:

Anybody else have one? What do you think?

With ammo being as expensive as it is and not really going out shooting with anyone, I saw an ad for the Mantis X10 and decided to go for it. It is a sensor that mounts to a standard rail and talks to an app you download on your smart phone. The base system was $249 and came with the sensor, charging cable, sticker, case, and a generic shotgun barrel based mount. I also picked up a P365 specific adapter and a universal rail that clamps onto the barrel of a revolver or rifle. I'm using it with my Glock 19 so far with one of those rimless Azoom 9mm snap caps so it doesn't eject every time. Setup was super easy and it has a bunch of different drills you can run through. There is a spot on the wall in my office I aim at, but no specific target is required. It measures the movement of your gun just before the trigger press, at the moment you press, and right after. It then does analysis to tell you what you did wrong and suggests how to correct it. Since it attaches to a rail, you can use it for dry fire or with live rounds and get the same kind of feedback and graphs. It has several different training courses with goals like "score at least a 75 in drill X with both your dominant and support hands" or "'shoot' at least 30 rounds a day for 4 days". I've barely scratched the surface, but so far it has allowed me to get some much needed practice without actually going shooting. I enjoy the challenges and it is blunt with it's feedback and scoring. Out of several hundred shots, I've only had it misread 2 or 3 times where it didn't detect the shot or scored it in a way I didn't agree with. Anyway, I'm not associated with the company, but I've found it a useful tool so far and wanted to share my thoughts with those that might also enjoy it.

Product page: https://mantisx.com/products/mantis-x10-elite

A few video reviews:

Anybody else have one? What do you think?
Nice write-up.
I'm old-school using the Grasshopper X10 where you snatch the pebble out of a hand, boyeee!

I was looking at these I see the add on youtube all the time.
I have one question ❓
You have to rack the slide every shot .
Does it eject the snap cap every time.

You have to rack the slide every shot .
Does it eject the snap cap every time.

He mentioned a "rimless Azoom 9mm snap caps so it doesn't eject every time". I've never seen one, but makes sense for the application.

A nice advantage of a DA/SA is you can cock it manually, and some DAO don't need that (but usually have a very heavy trigger pull).

He mentioned a "rimless Azoom 9mm snap caps so it doesn't eject every time". I've never seen one, but makes sense for the application.

A nice advantage of a DA/SA is you can cock it manually, and some DAO don't need that (but usually have a very heavy trigger pull).
Yep I guess I wasn't thinking when I read that.
Rimless part LOL

They are what Azoom calls "Striker Caps" and yes, you have to rack the slide every time, unless I use it with a revolver with the barrel clamp or my Keltec P11, which is a DAO pistol. As far as getting them out, I just use a pencil but a wooden/plastic rod or standard cleaning rod would work. The rounds have an o-ring around the outside to keep enough tension to hold them in and the pack comes with a couple replacement ones.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top