JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It seems like these threads always fizzle out when we find out about the illegal grow operation in the backyard or the thousand's of dollars of stolen goods in the garage.

Oh well, I know there's an old man sittin in his living room with a shotgun somewhere waiting for some punk robber to knock down his door so he can exercise his 2nd amendment rights!!

It seems like these threads always fizzle out when we find out about the illegal grow operation in the backyard or the thousand's of dollars of stolen goods in the garage.

Oh well, I know there's an old man sittin in his living room with a shotgun somewhere waiting for some punk robber to knock down his door so he can exercise his 2nd amendment rights!!

The suspects wore masks, were dressed in all black and wielded handguns. They went into the couple's bedroom, woke them up and demanded to know the location of a safe and jewelry, Troyer said.

As the suspects pistol-whipped the boyfriend, the woman reached under the bed, grabbed a shotgun and handed it over to the boyfriend, Troyer said.

"The homeowner and one of the suspects engaged in gun battle," he said.

The robbers ran from the home. One made it about 20 yards, collapsed in the driveway and died, Troyer said. Deputies found a loaded handgun, jewelry and other items taken from the house around the suspect's body.

Read more: Lights & Sirens - » UPDATED: One dead in reported home-invasion robbery in Pierce County The News Tribune Blogs, Tacoma, WA

The suspects wore masks, were dressed in all black and wielded handguns. They went into the couple's bedroom, woke them up and demanded to know the location of a safe and jewelry, Troyer said.

As the suspects pistol-whipped the boyfriend, the woman reached under the bed, grabbed a shotgun and handed it over to the boyfriend, Troyer said.

"The homeowner and one of the suspects engaged in gun battle," he said.

The robbers ran from the home. One made it about 20 yards, collapsed in the driveway and died, Troyer said. Deputies found a loaded handgun, jewelry and other items taken from the house around the suspect's body.

Read more: Lights & Sirens - » UPDATED: One dead in reported home-invasion robbery in Pierce County The News Tribune Blogs, Tacoma, WA

I hope you're right, I just keep getting burned by these threads.

Whether or not the homeowner's an ex-con, meth cook, or even a Green Party member, he's still got the absolute right to shoot and kill these robbers. O' course he might go down for having an illegal gun anyway, but at least he's alive.

:s0112::s0114::s0112::s0155:

I hear you, that's my first thought when I read these things. I also agree that regardless I still am glad to see the thief die I'm just not as sympathetic to the victim if he turns out to be a drug dealer. You invite those kind of people into your home and you invite this behavior, not saying that is the case here though.

Fishy? When I was a bachelor, my house was robbed (well, an attempt was made) while my roomate was playing videogames in the basement hometheater. Through a quite powerful stereo, my roomate heard something go thud and went to investigate, assuming my cats were up to something (they usually are). He *said* he saw some strung-out looking guy trying to disentangle my tv from the ten cables connecting it to my other gear. The guy ran off.

I didn't suspect my roommate because I wasn't there.

If this guy had crooked friend, then that's bad. No reason to randomly jump on the roomate. Mine was home because he was a baker for New Seasons, and worked bakers hours.

Don't know if you've read the update but it turns out he was shot by his partner on accident.

I guess thats Karma for you.

This happened about 2 1/2 miles from my house. 24 hours prior leaving for work, I caught 3 prowlers checking chit out on my block. Called the cops and watched them walk east towards the high school. I think there is a little more to this then we are hearing. Stuff like this are targets. Somebody has some kind of inside info about something. When I got home yesterday, I went and blew the dust off the handgun in it's hiding place...........because of the unemployment rate, unfortunately the crime rate is going up.

The update is good to hear! This absolves the victim from any BS victim charge and put capital murder onto the other criminal since this was a death as a resulting from a crime.

I got a kick out of these parts of the story:

---
Investigators believe the home-invasion robbery was not random, Troyer said.
"Usually houses are targeted," he said.
---

"We don't know who he is," Troyer said. "He has a mask on."
---

This happened about 2 1/2 miles from my house. 24 hours prior leaving for work, I caught 3 prowlers checking chit out on my block. Called the cops and watched them walk east towards the high school. I think there is a little more to this then we are hearing. Stuff like this are targets. Somebody has some kind of inside info about something. When I got home yesterday, I went and blew the dust off the handgun in it's hiding place...........because of the unemployment rate, unfortunately the crime rate is going up.

DID YOU OIL IT AS WELL?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads