JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The police then went into the pizza place, told them there was a man outside with a gun (even though he was walking past and not entering the pizza place) and asked them if they were alarmed after notifying them.

I would be alarmed to if someone came up to me and told me there was a guy outside with a gun.

It's all about how you ask the question. If the Police said "There is a man outside, who has valid ID and a valid CPL, with a gun securely in his holster, but in plain view. Are you alarmed?"

Then the answer is most likely no.

I hope he challenges the conviction to a higher court.

Or perhaps he felt threatened by the guy inside the shop using a pizza cutter, since the employee was grasping the tool of destruction and mayhem in an overly menacing way and moving the military style amputation device towards said gun owner. He just felt threatened and responded accordingly, after all if the employees felt threatened by him, he could have just as easily felt threatened by them. Case closed. :)

makes me sick. he'll 100% win on appeal, so long as he gets a new lawyer- for petes sake.

as far as covering up- not always an option. i will be traveling into WA for a training event at the end of this month. i have no WA CHP, therefor my only option will be to open-carry. hopefully i don't have to stop for gas or have to take a piss- i'll probably never make it to my class.

makes me sick. he'll 100% win on appeal, so long as he gets a new lawyer- for petes sake.

as far as covering up- not always an option. i will be traveling into WA for a training event at the end of this month. i have no WA CHP, therefor my only option will be to open-carry. hopefully i don't have to stop for gas or have to take a piss- i'll probably never make it to my class.

From what I understand, you can't carry a loaded weapon in a car in WA without a CPL. Might wanna double check that.

From what I understand, you can't carry a loaded weapon in a car in WA without a CPL. Might wanna double check that.

i will make sure to check into it. my understanding is that vehicles, due to plain-view exception, are not considered "concealment." they cant have their cake and eat it too- but we all know how well "cant" works when we're talking about what authoritarian governments can and cant do.

anybody have a link to washington criminal code, or whatever your equivalent is?

what a joke... He better win in appeals. But this whole thing probably cost him so much time money and effort that its almost like he should be able to sue for compensation...lol seriously. If this doesn't help progress OC laws than its a waste; thats the sad part

well that's about gay. i notice it expressly states "pistols" however- dont see anything about rifles...?

RCW 77.15.460: Loaded firearm in vehicle ? Unlawful use or possession ? Penalty.

RCW 77.15.460
Loaded firearm in vehicle — Unlawful use or possession — Penalty.

(1) A person is guilty of unlawful possession of a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle if:

(a) The person carries, transports, conveys, possesses, or controls a rifle or shotgun in or on a motor vehicle; and

(b) The rifle or shotgun contains shells or cartridges in the magazine or chamber, or is a muzzle-loading firearm that is loaded and capped or primed. See number 5

(2) A person is guilty of unlawful use of a loaded firearm if the person negligently shoots a firearm from, across, or along the maintained portion of a public highway.

(3) Unlawful possession of a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle or unlawful use of a loaded firearm is a misdemeanor.

(4) This section does not apply if the person:

(a) Is a law enforcement officer who is authorized to carry a firearm and is on duty within the officer's respective jurisdiction;

(b) Possesses a disabled hunter's permit as provided by RCW 77.32.237 and complies with all rules of the department concerning hunting by persons with disabilities.

(5) For purposes of this section, a firearm shall not be considered loaded if the detachable clip or magazine is not inserted in or attached to the firearm.

[1999 c 258 § 7; 1998 c 190 § 28.]

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads