JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If the antis, who are generally also proponents of DEI, want to practice what they preach, they should look at fixing the bigger problem first. I thought that the 1800 deaths sounded made up but check out this link for recorded shooting events: https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/number-of-gun-deaths

That shows you how biased the media is when focusing on a school shooting for days and weeks at a time.

Thirty-five people were killed in mass shootings in Buffalo, Uvalde and Tulsa over the past few weeks, focusing national attention on America's unique gun problem.

In that same time, around 1,800 people were killed and almost 500 wounded in nearly 1,600 other shootings in the U.S., including at a Los Angeles warehouse party over the weekend. Mass shootings account for less than 4 percent of gun homicides in a typical year, and most gun violence in the U.S. takes a different form.

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/16/briefing/gun-violence-shootings-chicago.html

What do shootings have to do with diversity and inclusion?

Are there some groups who feel disincluded in shootings? E.g. maybe Hutterites are upset they aren't getting shot at enough?

What do shootings have to do with diversity and inclusion?

Are there some groups who feel disincluded in shootings? E.g. maybe Hutterites are upset they aren't getting shot at enough?
They are making big efforts to solve shootings for a group (school children) that represent a very small percentage of the total gun violence victims and largely ignoring the groups that represent the vast majority of gun violence deaths. The vast majority of gun violence victims are Black or Brown. Doesn't seem very equitable to me?

Edit: The vast majority of mass shooting victims in schools are white.

People get upset about kiddies getting shot. Most DGAF about everyday violence in places like the south side of Chicago. I am sure we both understand why.

I get your point, I just don't know if really fits how 'diversity and inclusion' is typically used.

People get upset about kiddies getting shot. Most DGAF about everyday violence in places like the south side of Chicago. I am sure we both understand why.

I get your point, I just don't know if really fits how 'diversity and inclusion' is typically used.
I DGAF about either group, I do like to point out the antis hypocrisy.

Maybe the diversity could be applied by having the less affected groups becoming victims more often and inclusion might translate into solutions being provided to the groups most affected regardless of how people feel about the kiddies getting shot.

So anti-gun people are hypocrites because of the way the media reports shootings.
No the antis are hypocrites because they are focusing on solutions to prevent mass shootings at schools where a tiny percentage of the shootings occur and to catch mental defective shooters who represent a tiny percentage of the shooters.

Ah, okay, I guess I was relying on your statement below in thinking you were talking about media coverage.
They are both hypocrites but the legislators are the ones that can make the most direct impact. The media could raise more awareness around the gun violence issues in the black communities. They are spending gobs of time doing it for mass school shootings. I guess the school shooting coverage sells ads and the other gun violence doesn't.

They need to focus some effort on closing the GANG BANGER LOOP HOLE you know the one where the gang banger gets released the next day after being charged with Murder so he can go kill the witnesses.

Here is an analogy using traffic fatalities in a fictional town.

Imagine the town of Moronic, Oregon. They have a big problem with automobile drivers and pedestrians getting killed and injured. 97% of the deaths and injuries are occuring in the ghetto gang infested parts of town. 3% of deaths are happening elsewhere in town, including in school and grocery store parking lots.

The Moronic Mayor and Moronic City Council decide they must do something to curb these deaths and injuries. The solution is to put all sorts of restrictions on automobiles, pedestrians and enforce these restrictions heavily in the parts of town where 3% of the deaths and injuries are occurring. They decide to pretty much abandon any enforcement in the ghetto areas because a tiny but vocal minority of residents who live there complain about the cops ticketing and arresting reckless drivers.

Even with the restrictions in place a couple of bad drivers manage to kill a few more people in the nice parts of town and hundreds of people are still being killed and injured in the ghetto areas because little to no enforcement is being done there.

The Moronic Mayor and Moronic City Council decide even more restrictions are necessary. They lower the speed limit to 5mph everywhere in town and require marshmallow filled sacks to be placed around the exterior of all vehicles. Enforcement continues to be done heavily in nice parts of town which reduces deaths and injuries by 1%. In the ghetto areas 98% of the residents are ignoring the restrictions and little to no enforcement is being done. As a result deaths and injuries have skyrocketed in the ghetto. The Moronic Mayor and Moronic City Council will meet again today to discuss more restrictions to help further reduce deaths and injuries occuring in the nice parts of town.

They are making big efforts to solve shootings for a group (school children) that represent a very small percentage of the total gun violence victims and largely ignoring the groups that represent the vast majority of gun violence deaths. The vast majority of gun violence victims are Black or Brown. Doesn't seem very equitable to me?

Edit: The vast majority of mass shooting victims in schools are white.

With all the insane twisted, machinations I regularly observe them go through… maybe the MSM considers their coverage approach as a form of "reparations".

Here is an analogy using traffic fatalities in a fictional town.

Imagine the town of Moronic, Oregon. They have a big problem with automobile drivers and pedestrians getting killed and injured. 97% of the deaths and injuries are occuring in the ghetto gang infested parts of town. 3% of deaths are happening elsewhere in town, including in school and grocery store parking lots.

The Moronic Mayor and Moronic City Council decide they must do something to curb these deaths and injuries. The solution is to put all sorts of restrictions on automobiles, pedestrians and enforce these restrictions heavily in the parts of town where 3% of the deaths and injuries are occurring. They decide to pretty much abandon any enforcement in the ghetto areas because a tiny but vocal minority of residents who live there complain about the cops ticketing and arresting reckless drivers.

Even with the restrictions in place a couple of bad drivers manage to kill a few more people in the nice parts of town and hundreds of people are still being killed and injured in the ghetto areas because little to no enforcement is being done there.

The Moronic Mayor and Moronic City Council decide even more restrictions are necessary. They lower the speed limit to 5mph everywhere in town and require marshmallow filled sacks to be placed around the exterior of all vehicles. Enforcement continues to be done heavily in nice parts of town which reduces deaths and injuries by 1%. In the ghetto areas 98% of the residents are ignoring the restrictions and little to no enforcement is being done. As a result deaths and injuries have skyrocketed in the ghetto. The Moronic Mayor and Moronic City Council will meet again today to discuss more restrictions to help further reduce deaths and injuries occuring in the nice parts of town.
$10 says "Moronic, Oregon" has a river running through it with a bunch of bridges over it, and another massive river with only two bridges over it on its northern border…. gee I wonder where it could be?

:s0153:

$10 says "Moronic, Oregon" has a river running through it with a bunch of bridges over it, and another massive river with only two bridges over it on its northern border…. gee I wonder where it could be?

:s0153:
I was actually trying to compare what the bipartison group of Senators are doing in DC. The laws they are discussing are mainly focused on catching crazed lunatics that might shoot up schools, stores, etc. They will do jack to deal with gang bangers shooting up the ghettos.

I was actually trying to compare what the bipartison group of Senators are doing in DC. The laws they are discussing are mainly focused on catching crazed lunatics that might shoot up schools, stores, etc. They will do jack to deal with gang bangers shooting up the ghettos.
My argument to that would be such laws are state and local issues and should be handled at that level, not by narcissistic, megalomaniacal politicians in a national capital over a couple thousand miles away.

So anti-gun people are hypocrites because of the way the media reports shootings.
It's not just the media. The media give anti gun groups credit and backing to go cry in front of your local lawmakers, who already want to infringe on your rights.

If you don't believe, spend an afternoon at one of these hearings. They give first person testimony of hypothetical situations with a handkerchief in hand. The EveryBloomberg grandmas run a knitting circle with hugs and smiles until the hearing starts then it's all tears over stories from the news.

If you don't believe, spend an afternoon at one of these hearings. They give first person testimony of hypothetical situations with a handkerchief in hand. The EveryBloomberg grandmas run a knitting circle with hugs and smiles until the hearing starts then it's all tears over stories from the news.
QFT. I've been to several of these, and that is exactly what happens...every time.

The worst ones are the people that are all choked up while reading off of a prepared statement they were just handed 30 minutes earlier by a 17-something Everytown staff volunteer/organizer they have never met before. It is sick. Sick and wrong.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top