JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
ACE HARDWARE - Made in the USA - Very Encouraging

READ ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM! LOTS OF GOOD INFO HERE!

Costco sells Goodyear wiper blades for almost half the pricethat you will pay
on the outside and they are made in the U.S.A.
Read and do the following..

Unfortunately our politicians and top CEO's (GE etc) have
pushed for trade to China and
Mexico for years so Americans are now out of work. Did
You Know that there is no
electric coffee maker made in the US and that
The only kitchen appliances made in the US is
Viking?

I DIDN'T KNOW HALLMARK
CARDS WERE MADE IN CHINA ! That is also why I
don't buy cards at Hallmark anymore, They are
Made in China and are more expensive!
I buy them at Dollar Tree - 50 cents each and made in USA

I have
Been looking at the blenders available on the Internet.
Kitchen Aid is MADE IN
The US .. Top of my list already...

Yesterday I was in Wal Mart looking for a
wastebasket. I found some made
in China for $6.99. I didn't want to pay that much so I asked
the lady if they had any others.
She took me to another department
And they had some at $2.50 made in USA . They are
Just as good. Same As a kitchen
rug I needed. I had to look, but I found some made in
the USA - what a concept! - and they were $3.00 cheaper.

We are being
brainwashed to believe that everything that comes from
China and Mexico is cheaper. Not so.

I was in
Lowe's the other day and just out of curiosity, I looked
At the hose attachments. They were all
made in China . The next day I was
In Ace Hardware and just for the heck of it I
checked the hose attachments there. They were made in USA ..

Start looking, people . . ...In our current
economic situation, every Little thing
We buy or do affects someone else - most often, their job.

My grandson likes Hershey's candy. I noticed, though, that it is
Now Marked "made in Mexico ."

My favorite toothpaste Colgate is made in Mexico ..
now I have switched toCrest.

You have to read the labels on everything.

This past weekend I was at Kroger .. . I needed
60W light bulbs ,I was in the light bulb aisle,
And right next to the GE brand I
Normally buy -- was an off-brand labeled,
"Everyday Value." I pickedup both types of bulbs and
compared them: they were the same

except for the price . . ..
the GE bulbs cost more than the Everyday Value
Brand, but the thing that surprised me the most was
the GE was Made in MEXICO
And the Everyday Value brand was made in - you guessed it.
the USA at a company in Cleveland , Ohio .

It's way past time to start finding and buying products you use
Every Day that are made right here.

MY CHALLENGE TO YOU IS to start reading the labels
when you shop for everyday things and
see what you can find that is made in the USA .
The job you save may be your own or your neighbor's!

If you accept the challenge, pass this on to
OTHERS in your Address Book so we can
ALL start buying American, one light bulb at a time!

Stop buying from overseas companies - you're sending the jobs there.
(We should have awakened a decade ago.)
Let's get with the program and help our fellow Americans
keep their jobs and create more jobs here in the USA .

I passed this on, will you?

Even my "Love to own them" SOG KNIVES have started using off shore parts, and then assembled in the United States of America, only a very few of their products are Total made in USA ... I have only Two SOG's now, my last big one was stolen by a former friend.

I would give Triple the original price, for a genuine SOG Micro Pliers, I lost that one as well. I use my SOG Micro / Scissors utility on an almost daily basis.

Gerber's & Leatherman's have been this way for years, as well. I just wish one of the above would match Buck's Made in America standards, or that Buck would create a high level Multi-Tool of SOG's standards. Their compound leverage is plain and simple Awesome. I use it daily, regardless knowing they off shore some of the parts....

philip, purveyor of Quality Knives & Multi-Tools and only buy as high as I can afford.

OTOH, look at "foreign" cars and trucks.

A lot of the Hondas, Toyotas, etc., are made here in the USA because of favorable tariff laws.

Now look at many of the parts in a Ford or Chevy - made overseas.

I used to be a diesel mech - John Deere tractors can have an engine from Belgium or Japan, transmission from Canada, and so on.

A lot of stuff is made of parts from around the world.

I work for a very large multi-national corp - you would instantly recognize the name if I told you - it makes products in Europe, China, India, the USA, Mexico and a number of other regions. Where it makes these products depends on the local needs. Some products get imported, some get exported around the world from the USA.

By all means "buy American" if you wish, but don't fool yourself that a product "made in the USA" is made solely from US parts or raw materials.

Isolationism is not a good thing, nor are trade barriers. Trade is good, worldwide trade is good too. It is here to stay.

OTOH, look at "foreign" cars and trucks.

A lot of the Hondas, Toyotas, etc., are made here in the USA because of favorable tariff laws.

Now look at many of the parts in a Ford or Chevy - made overseas..

I believe to the Toyota Tundra was rated the most American vehicle, with the Ford F150 in 2nd. That is a shame.

By all means "buy American" if you wish, but don't fool yourself that a product "made in the USA" is made solely from US parts or raw materials.

Isolationism is not a good thing, nor are trade barriers. Trade is good, worldwide trade is good too. It is here to stay.

If it says , "Made in USA" then it is required to have 75% of the product sourced from the US. that is why we see so much " Assembled in the USA".

The stuff I don't like, is the stuff that say " Made in America", that technically means anywhere in North or South America .

Wife bought a Starbucks coffee cup made in the USA. We have done our best to buy US products for over twenty years. It is a shame there are no deep draw stainless products from here. Every Stanley thermos, every stainless water bottle and every stainless coffee cup comes from, China.

There are companies that are bringing their manufacturing back home, Buck and Filson are two that come to mind.

I believe to the Toyota Tundra was rated the most American vehicle, with the Ford F150 in 2nd. That is a shame.

If it says , "Made in USA" then it is required to have 75% of the product sourced from the US. that is why we see so much " Assembled in the USA".

The stuff I don't like, is the stuff that say " Made in America", that technically means anywhere in North or South America .

The rules of origin are not quite what you stated. Additionally you cannot put "Made in America" and have it mean anywhere in North, Central or South America. The rules of origin are fairly uniform inasmuch as a product has to undergo a substantial tariff shift from one HTS heading to another. This essentially means that an item can be made from 100% foreign material, but if you have a substantial tariff shift, thus producing a new product, then the country of origin would be where the product was assembled. This will of course be modified by applicable trade agreements, where you may have a RVC (regional value content) come into play.

Regarding the marking. The regulations in Title 19 of The Code of Federal Regulations 134.11 spell out that an article needs to be marked with the English name of the country that produced the article. You can get by in a number of cases by using the ISO alpha character designation of the country of origin (ex. CN = China, MX = Mexico, ES = Spain, etc). There are some products that are exempted from marking because the nature of the article does not allow for it. The list can be found in 19 CFR 134.33, known as the "J-List".

Now, do people break the rules? Of course they do. The volume of imports, foreign travelers, etc arriving everyday versus the number of CBP officers it is not surprising a number of importers get away with incorrect or no makings at all.

The rules of origin are not quite what you stated. Additionally you cannot put "Made in America" and have it mean anywhere in North, Central or South America. .

I have seen the made is America several times with no real indication of where it is from. So what does it mean??

What about the outside package labeled as USA, but the main contents state made in China. How do you they get away with that??
I don't have pictures any more, but a Dodge rotor stamped made in CHINA, but the sticker on the plastic wrapping stated Made in USA.

Spoke with Lamiglas about a Made in China sticker on a high end rod, you could hear the word bullbubblegum, in between, every explanation I received.

The world is full of trickery, I avoid overseas. A product legally has to have a larger percentage of components manufactured here in America and assembled here to wear the distinction Made in U.S.A.

That plastic wrapping bag was Made in USA, Nothing more, my guess.

Last Edited:
Wife bought a Starbucks coffee cup made in the USA. We have done our best to buy US products for over twenty years. It is a shame there are no deep draw stainless products from here. Every Stanley thermos, every stainless water bottle and every stainless coffee cup comes from, China.

There are companies that are bringing their manufacturing back home, Buck and Filson are two that come to mind.

This isn't exactly true... most of the "stainless" items you see out there arn't deep drawn, they're spun, it's a cheaper process for these types of articles, same thing with stainless cook pots and the like. Certain things like stainless steel sinks are usually deep drawn, because their irregular shape precludes spinning.

If you wanted say 10-20K deep drawn coffee cups I have a whole factory here in the US that would love the business. (guy who owns the factory is my neighbor) You give me a set of requirements, and I'll even throw in the design. Oddly enough, one of the recent things I did with them was design these candle bowls (which they stamped) that were destined for india, apparently indians won't buy chinese goods.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top