Mac-10 .22LR Upper, Ye or Nay?

Mac-10 .22LR Upper, Ye or Nay?

• Yes! And the one to acquire is ...

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Eh, maybe. Not sure worth the hassle.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Nope.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • (gasp!) Machine-guns are extra naughty ... I am running to a safe space.

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
So I read an article in an old copy of Small Arms Review (SAR) that mentioned various conversions for the Mac-10 line of submachine-guns to run .22LR. One even ran off 10/22 magazines.

Questions:
  • Circa Q1 2020, considering the price of bulk 9㎜ Parabellum ammo, is this worth the bother? Particularly in light that I plan installing a Lage upper once they will sell me one. (Many months in and still nothing.)
  • If the answer is affirmative, which one?
Thanks!

Not sure on cost as of yet; the article was old, so not going with those figures. Calico makes an upper but it is the same zone as a Lage, and it is, well, Calico, so no thanks. Lage has .22 uppers too, and for less, but are on backorder. I'll need to do some more digging.

No interesting in reloading nor likely ever will in bulk. Simply don't have the time or inclination. (Though I could see setting up for low volume on certain cartridges.)

Red98422

Reactions
Honestly I would say without a doubt that a 22 upper would be the bees knees. That said I have no personal experience of ownership with either of the ones mentioned.

I did shoot one about 5 or so years back and it was A LOT of fun.....much giggling was had. I don’t remember who his was made by and I’ve since fallen out of contact with that individual.

Reactions
  • Woke Up Like This
So I read an article in an old copy of Small Arms Review (SAR) that mentioned various conversions for the Mac-10 line of submachine-guns to run .22LR. One even ran off 10/22 magazines.

Questions:
  • Circa Q1 2020, considering the price of bulk 9㎜ Parabellum ammo, is this worth the bother? Particularly in light that I plan installing a Lage upper once they will sell me one. (Many months in and still nothing.)
  • If the answer is affirmative, which one?
Thanks!
I would have bought the LAGE F/A .22 upper for my MAC10/45 F/A but it was just a tease...sadface-on

Reactions
While I can say I have never shot a Mac but I have a 22 lr dedicated upper and I have enjoyed it so much I no longer own a center fire AR

Well, I finally got the email saying the 9㎜ Lage upper was available and asked if I still wanted to invest in said. The response was:

So, that's in the pipeline. Will look into the little upper later though anything rimfire is kind of meh. And I just lost my train of thought again.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - April 25-26th
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• SafeFire Indoor Shooting Range & Retail
    5.00 star(s)
    I enjoy this local indoor range, they have lots of fun guns to rent and try out. They also have a gun store if you want to purchase something.
    • wa2020
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is a great guy to work with! I have had several transactions with him and will continue to do business with him. He is my go to dealer!
    • hker71
  • Straight Shooter Supply
    1.00 star(s)
    A relative of mine recently went through this place to purchase a handgun. They were rude to her, lied to her, and must be new to this FFL stuff...
    • FullMetalJerk
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is great. Easy to deal with, super low prices on his transfers.
    • DizzyJ
    5.00 star(s)
    Had my first transaction with Steve and will be recommending him to anyone in my circle. Good guy with a really helpful attitude and goes the...
    • SonnyJim

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online