JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The factory comp on the Socom is effective, but it is loud AF and generates a pretty large fireball. These issues are easily remedied by the Smith Enterprise gas lock and Vortex flash hider. patsocomblst.jpg~original.jpg

Man I would love to have a cetme with telescopic or folding stock. Almost bought one but only inexpensive one I could find was from century arms. I think it was $639 as I recall earlier this year. I don't trust century arms really just based on what I've heard with century's Hk 93 clone.
Ive owned: a Cetme, C91 and the C93.
The C93 was actually incredibly made,
It was the absolute junk promag mags and lack of quality as well as available (and affordable) surplus mags that held the rifle back. If I find a C93 for sale Id buy it in a heartbeat. I truly regret selling mine.

My Socom 16.
Basset high mount
Surplus M14 stock
Fulton Armory faux selector button
Fulton armory brown upper handguard

(Not pictured) Tourbon leather cheek riser
Perfect inexpensive, qd cheek riser to pair with the high basset mount Ive got. Ill probably go with a lower mount in the future but for the price of the basset mount I picked up, Ill make it work for now.

Ive owned the standard M1A from springfield, great rifle, I just got bored and sought out the socom. Ideally, I should have picked up the scout squad rifle, its best of both worlds. The socom is cool, I mostly have it for ease of storage and transport. I shoot it from a bench, I dont run it like an AR (some would say its intended purpose.. that or a brush/hog gun of sorts).. but for a compact bench 308, its fun. YMMV

The muzzle device can be changed of course so mounting that suppressor is doable. Id also change the front sight if you're going to shoot irons. Its factory large dot sight covers the target at long ranges.
The perceived recoil was actually far less than my PA10.. surprisingly.

6A7F1F55-020F-49FE-AFC8-314CACC597BE.jpeg

I'm not entirely sure what the difference between Tanker and Scout, but I'd rather keep it short. I'll have to research this.
Barrel length, scout has an 18" barrel and the tanker/socom has a 16.25" barrel. Scout uses mostly standard parts, tanker/socom has proprietary gas parts IICR.
I considered getting a Socom and putting a regular M1A wood stock on it. They can also be dropped into the Sage collapsible stocks.
Yes, but the sage chassis isn't just dropping it in. And honestly, field stripping isn't great in the chassis.

I have a standard socom 16, bought in 07, never cared for the black syn stock... I have changed it out to a factory Walnut and replaced handguard and removed fwd pic rail. I absolutely love the tanker look and feel! It compliments my '54 H&R Garand!!

Cheers

Over the weekend I finally got my CQB-16 type SEI sorted out, I had my optics mounted a little too low for me. This was most noticeable with the Leupold, and a set of extra tall rings solved the problem. Both the Aimpoint CompM4 (with spacer) and the Leupold sit at the same level now, so there is no adjustment to my cheek weld required.

IMG_8262.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews