JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I really miss my socom 16 with the Troy MCS, but I have a chance to buy it back here in the coming weeks, now I stumbled upon this kit while researching again the RFB, Ive gotten to shoot an RFB and was quite impressed by everything, except checking to see if the rifle is clear. Anyways has anyone had any experience with this kit or seen it? I'm really f'en impressed by the photos and youtube videos and almost ready to order the dang thing.

not so excited about how high the optics/sights are relative to the bore. I thought someone else was making an M1 bullpup conversion that looked a bit better. Cant think of it right now though. For the $$ I think I would rather have the RFB. After handling one that my friend owned I can say it will be waaay better than a bullpup conversion ever will be. Plus the forward ejection thing is pretty cool.

yeah forward ejection is pretty awesome, just put a grocery bag tied to a rail and you got yourself a brass catcher

dontknowifwant.jpg

It is very ugly. It also looks very heavy. I bet the trigger is terrible too. It looks like someone bought some sheet metal, drilled some holes in it, and bent it around an M14. I'd rather stick with a standard socom 16 stock.

If you buy one, give us an AAR on it. :)

Yeah its the bulldog, suppose to be really light weight, the short one, is a socom 16 in the alloy housing, I really like how short it is, but would have to do a lot of dry fire drills, so that when I do hand signals, I don't accidently sweep front of the barrel and blow my digits off.

when i shot a .223 bullpup,i shot 7 rounds and that was it for me. the damn brass is zinging bye your head,the exhaust gases go right into your face.they are flat horrible.people think these short weapons are way maneuverable, well i got news for ya.stand someone with an m14 and put someone else right next to them with a pistol.stand back and look, the m14 will only be a few inches longer. food for thought.you just need to know how to handle your weapon.

Looks good, when I get my taxes next year i'll do one up, i'll settle for the RFB i have now

yeah kinda makes me wanna buy back my socom 16 and do that exact conversion, whats the weight of that all together you guess?

Status