M19-A "Annihilator"

CountryGent

Reactions
I've been looking through an old copy of American Handgunner (Jan/Feb 1980). This looks like it may have been fun:

g6kwYAX.png

I only vaguely remember advertisements for freon-powered, full-auto, airguns. AFAIK, I never saw one in person. Out of curiosity, anyone play with these back in the day?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions
I've been looking through an old copy of American Handgunner (Jan/Feb 1980). This looks like it may have been fun:

g6kwYAX.png

I only vaguely remember advertisements for freon-powered, full-auto, airguns. AFAIK, I never saw one in person. Out of curiosity, anyone play with these back in the day?
Yes and there is a reason you don't see them now. They worked for a few seconds. Then the can would freeze. It would not work again till it warmed up. We got them to work great hooking them up to compressed air. Problem then of course was they were not very "portable". Damn things did spray a LOT of BB's. I would think they would work with the small tanks used on paint ball markers now but have not seen one in a VERY long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions
I have a brand new (old Stock) one, just haven't made or come across an air adapter for it yet. Regards, Tom
Been a long time but I'm sure when I was playing around with them I made an adapter to hook air to them. If there is a machine shop around they could whip one up for you pretty easy if it was worth it to you. Now days the left would be all over you for using the Freon cans as they decided it punched holes int he ozone. o_O

UPCOMING EVENTS

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic Customer Service!
    Recently, they helped my lady transfer a pistol to a family member in CA. Most FFLs would have told us to pound sand when we mentioned where we...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    One of the best!
    I have bought from online and in person. Great store, he had things I did not know were needed. I try and recommend Highline Firearms to people I...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    The only gunsmith I'll use
    Tim has done a few projects for me and the result is always the same. Amazing. End of story. From complete refinish to custom machining, Tim is...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
Top Bottom