JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been looking through an old copy of American Handgunner (Jan/Feb 1980). This looks like it may have been fun:

g6kwYAX.png

I only vaguely remember advertisements for freon-powered, full-auto, airguns. AFAIK, I never saw one in person. Out of curiosity, anyone play with these back in the day?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking through an old copy of American Handgunner (Jan/Feb 1980). This looks like it may have been fun:

g6kwYAX.png

I only vaguely remember advertisements for freon-powered, full-auto, airguns. AFAIK, I never saw one in person. Out of curiosity, anyone play with these back in the day?

Yes and there is a reason you don't see them now. They worked for a few seconds. Then the can would freeze. It would not work again till it warmed up. We got them to work great hooking them up to compressed air. Problem then of course was they were not very "portable". Damn things did spray a LOT of BB's. I would think they would work with the small tanks used on paint ball markers now but have not seen one in a VERY long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a brand new (old Stock) one, just haven't made or come across an air adapter for it yet. Regards, Tom
Been a long time but I'm sure when I was playing around with them I made an adapter to hook air to them. If there is a machine shop around they could whip one up for you pretty easy if it was worth it to you. Now days the left would be all over you for using the Freon cans as they decided it punched holes int he ozone. o_O

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top