JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey I just thought of something. Who is going to give the class to the certified instructors? As they will need to pass the class for a permit before they can teach a class. And with no instructors who will give that first class LOL

If that were to happen, they would pass more restrictive laws about where you could carry. They could, for instance, make Portland a no-carry city.
I have two very diverse comments on that.

As a practical matter, I avoid Portland because the entire legal system is inclined to ignore the law. If you have a self defense shooting there, you don't get a jury of your peers. You and I are sane people who consider self defense a core right. But because the jury pool for both the grand jury and possible trial are made up from a pool of radically different people, it is our peers. I'd rather not put myself in that position. They already win to a degree by making us hesitant to carry there. Just about the only thing that gets me to go there is to fly out for work. Since 2020 I've been trying to use the Eugene airport. Not that Eugene is better, but there is the fact that the Eugene airport isn't in Eugene, it is out of town to the North.

On the law front, all eyes are towards NY. The state isn't backing down yet. I just wonder how long the supreme court will tolerate the defiance? I expect this will play out like the gay marriage cases a few years back. Is there going to be some contempt charges before this is over? If shall issue becomes the standard, the state of Oregon will try no doubt, but it wouldn't stand.

No…. You're friend may be talking out his a$$.
913ECC2A-0F04-4DFF-8594-D9DA0151BF4A.jpeg

If that were to happen, they would pass more restrictive laws about where you could carry. They could, for instance, make Portland a no-carry city.
Just wait... Gun control is an incremental affair... we are that frog in the pot of water. Oh just a "reasonable" restriction here and a little background check here and a "common sense" red flag law here...

And FYI, here is a list of cities that already prohibit OPEN CARRY:

Astoria
Beaverton
Gladstone
Newport
McMinnville
Tigard
Salem
Oregon City
Independence
All of MultCo and Portland has its own code.
Shocked that Eugene is not on that list... they've tried a few times.

And of course Kate Brownstain banned even LICENSED CONCEALED CARRY in THE PEOPLE'S HOUSE -- in which she has the honor of having her office to sign even more unconstitutional laws, most of which are aimed at law-abiding citizens.

#BubblegumBrownstain

While carry permits don't help, what would the legality be of getting a C&R license and at least picking up C&R guns up out of state?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top