JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I let my concealed permit expire last Summer thinking it might get me off at least one list, but now I'm re-thinking it. Not for a license but for ease of carry again, truck gun, etc.
I will not apply for permission to purchase a firearm.

Thomas Jefferson said "A free man does not ask permission to bear arms."

And ALL gun laws are unconstitutional.
I will bet a dollar that Thomas Jefferson was never arrested for conceal carry without a permit.

A couple of us have been speculating how it might go down if the state wanted to make a show of people getting permits. More of a grandfathering people that already have some sort of certification. In order, this is how I see it happening..

Current LEO
Retired LEO
Armed DPSST (armed security)

These three groups are already certified by oregon DPSST and therefor hold "state certifications"

After that I think you'll see,
NRA certified firearms instructors
Instructors that teach CHL classes / military certified instructors

And in the far distance, CHL holders

This is all dictated by the state/OSP. For the counties, if they were smart, they would cease issuing specific CHL cards, and instead treat all PTP cards AS CHLs. You've already gone far beyond the class requirements for a CHL, so why wouldn't they just turn them into one and the same.
Because that is logical and makes sense, which is also why it is a totally unsuitable solution to the supporters of BM 114.

Their aim isn't to make things convenient, easy, or logical.

-E-

Seems to me, since the permit to purchase permit training exceeds that required for a CHL, wouldn't a permit to purchase also qualify as the requirements for permit to carry concealed? Just pay the additional fee and you get both cards, or an endorsement on the purchase permit. As long as they're stacking one pile of dung on another, why not just get it all done at once?

If your CHL/time in service/job title/certifications allows you to get a permit to purchase without going through a course will you get a permit at that point?

I won't.

Something not considered by many who have been strictly looking at the downside of Measure 114, I would suggest that every person who qualifies for a purchase permit in Oregon, will simultaneously qualify for a concealed carry permit.
So wouldn't it be awesome if the state would be forced to offer a CCW to every citizen who qualifies for a gun purchase and the concealed carry permit be include it in the cost of the purchase permit fee?
How cool would it be if the people who pushed this measure just increased the number of people carrying firearms for self defense?

Something not considered by many who have been strictly looking at the downside of Measure 114, I would suggest that every person who qualifies for a purchase permit in Oregon, will simultaneously qualify for a concealed carry permit.
So wouldn't it be awesome if the state would be forced to offer a CCW to every citizen who qualifies for a gun purchase and the concealed carry permit be include it in the cost of the purchase permit fee?
List...

Yea. That's a hard pass for me as well.

4919A203-34AF-4207-82E0-CC08CC096C17.jpeg

That would assume some degree of logic and rationality of those formulating the implementation of this....kinda unlikely.

How cool would it be if the people who pushed this measure just increased the number of people carrying firearms for self defense?
Why would you expect the Brownstain/Kotex cabal to be in any way reasonable when it comes to firearms? They hate us and they want us disarmed. Period.

SO lets see I took my Hunters Safety course some 52-53 years ago I have owned firearms for 51 years I own quite a few firearms. I have a CHL which I took a live fire class in 1991 to get. And now I have to do it all over again because someone who doesn't know squat about firearms got a bunch of smelly hippies to vote for a stupid screwed up mess not even the people typically in charge of stupid screwed up messes can figure out.

Gotch ya.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads