JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh yeah and here you go...

finger-nuke.jpg

I let my concealed permit expire last Summer thinking it might get me off at least one list, but now I'm re-thinking it. Not for a license but for ease of carry again, truck gun, etc.
I will not apply for permission to purchase a firearm.

Thomas Jefferson said "A free man does not ask permission to bear arms."

And ALL gun laws are unconstitutional.

No…. You're friend may be talking out his a$$.
The irony of course: We permit holders are the least criminal demographic in the country. This crosses all socioeconomic, racial, geographical, and gender lines. And we are the ones they hate the most because we are living examples of the folly of their stupid tropes masquerading as "arguments" against an inanimate object.

A friend/acquaintance told me that if you already have a carry permit in OR it qualifies you for the "gun safety" class needed for m114. Is this true?
As ZA Survivalist said, nobody knows yet.

There are no existing PTP classes yet, so no one (who? Not stated) can compare the content of your training with the required content from 114.

2 parts suggest nothing existing before now will qualify: 114 has some 'woke' stuff no sensible class would have. And, just on CHL classes, OR law does not require live-fire, and it appears 114 class does. (My CHL class has a live fire component, I'm sure some others did, but not all.)

I let my concealed permit expire last Summer thinking it might get me off at least one list, but now I'm re-thinking it. Not for a license but for ease of carry again, truck gun, etc.
I will not apply for permission to purchase a firearm.

Thomas Jefferson said "A free man does not ask permission to bear arms."

And ALL gun laws are unconstitutional.
when you apply for CHL you are asking permission to bear guns.

A couple of us have been speculating how it might go down if the state wanted to make a show of people getting permits. More of a grandfathering people that already have some sort of certification. In order, this is how I see it happening..

Current LEO
Retired LEO
Armed DPSST (armed security)

These three groups are already certified by oregon DPSST and therefor hold "state certifications"

After that I think you'll see,
NRA certified firearms instructors
Instructors that teach CHL classes / military certified instructors

And in the far distance, CHL holders

This is all dictated by the state/OSP. For the counties, if they were smart, they would cease issuing specific CHL cards, and instead treat all PTP cards AS CHLs. You've already gone far beyond the class requirements for a CHL, so why wouldn't they just turn them into one and the same.

nothing counts until the OSL defines what counts. which will include some guns are bad(homicide and suicide) education.
Point being, who the hell are these twats that think they need tell me anything about what I've been doing my entire adult life and then some.

And that is another thing, I find it rich to be lectured by a state that was the first to legalize assisted suicide. God I can't wait to get out of this f'n clown show.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads