Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

M1 Garand Shoot at DRRC March 8

Discussion in 'Competitive Shooting' started by ron, Feb 26, 2014.

1. ron

ron Vancouver, Washington Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Learn position shooting Standing ,Sitting and Prone. Great group of guys and gals.
    The club has M1 Rifles, 30/06 ball ammo,spotting scopes and shooting mats for loan.
    to new shooters. Come out and give it a try. Classes for first time shooters.
    Check out the link below

Douglas Ridge Rifle Club - Service Rifle Program

Don H, Kimber Custom, taroman and 2 others like this.
  2. CB Long

CB Long Clackamas county New Member

A++ This is fun. The shooter is under cover on the 100 yard line so rain is not a problem. Open to the public.
    This is your chance to become an American Rifleman.
    A day spent shooting the M1 30-06 Garand is a good day.
    See you there.

CB Long

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  3. HotRod61

HotRod61 Happy Valley Active Member

Great place to shoot. The match is geared around safe shooting and having fun. Plenty of veteran's to help first time shooters after they have been to class on Friday before the match.
    I got my start shooting the M1 Garland at DRRC. I can't say enough about the great group of gals and guys there.
    I'll be at the class on Friday.I like being there when I can and the match on Saturday. See you guys there Ron and CB.

HotRod

4. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

Well, the Friday instruction class is full so I guess that counts me out for that weekend. Bummer!

5. HotRod61

Ironbar......They have people that don't show up. Send Todd a email and they may be able to get you in. Go to the service rifle on the DRRC web site and you will see his name as a contact. Good luck.

HotRod

6. HotRod61

Full house tonight for the M1 class. Great bunch of new shooters. All willing to learn. Looking forward to the match on Saturday. .....HotRod61

7. HotRod61

we had 31 shooters on saturday. great turn out. the rain did't really show up till the third leg. The leg I was shooting in.
    They had a lot of good scores from first time shooters Some shooters who hadn't been there in a while( myself included) so it was good too see them....HotRod

8. 415DET

415DET Hillsboro Oregon Member

And for those on the west side these vintage matches are great! You do NOT need to be a member at Tri-County to shoot in the match and it is only $5.00. Lot of good guys and some pretty good shooters. If you haven't shot a match before the match director will help you out, as will the other folks. Bring out that M1, 1903, Mauser, Enfield, whatever......Next match is March 22nd at 8:30. You will need 85 rounds.

http://www.tcgc.org/shooting-disciplines/vintage-military-riflepistol/

HotRod61 likes this.
  9. HotRod61

415det, You're right their a great bunch over there as well.Another great place too shoot. What I have witnessed is no matter which match you are shooting at there is always someone willing to help out a new shooter....HotRod

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  10. Pheasantslayer

Pheasantslayer Hillsboro Member

Dang wish I would have seen this sooner

11. joe k

joe k SE Portland Member

The next Service Rifle match at DRRC is May 10th, with the new shooter class on May 9th. It is also a 100 Yard match. You can register now for the class on-line at the DRRC web site.