JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Best bet is USGI. As previously noted, Universals have issues and I've heard complaints about the IAI and Thompson Centerfire (Auto-Ordinance) offerings as well. The only third party mfg I'd be prepared to suggest you consider would be Fulton Armory (http://www.fulton-armory.com/M1-Carbine.aspx) - and you will pay dearly for one of theirs ($1,400+). They are also a good source for mags, clips, parts, pieces, and various sundry items.

As Secretary of State, the Wicked Witch of the East banned all further re-imports of USGI M1 carbines. CMP completely exhausted their stock a year or so back, although they may have a few collector types for auction - also not inexpensive. There are quite a few still around however, including a couple here in the classifieds. You might want to try your local Big 5 store, presuming you have one - I bought mine from them on an impulse about 3 years back and came home with a very clean Inland.

Ex Gladio Libertas

The Fulton's are not that good. Go with GI. Half the reason for owning the 30 carbine is history. And there is no history in a reproduction!

I have owned, shot and repaired a great many 30 carbines. And GI guns are easy to repair. And need repair less often [almost never]. Not hard to get your head around when you consider they were the only ones That went through a military inspection proses.

And why but a $850 clone. When good GI guns are out there for $650? I just bought a five digit Inland with a like new barrel last year for that. The trick is to know what to look for. Many look like $hit. You need to see them for what they could be when cleaned up. Also the GI guns hold there value.

I mean really? Do you want to hand a clone worth jack down to your kids? Or a real 30 carbine from WWII!

I do miss the $417 dollar CMP carbines. But there are still good deals out there.

Start your collection today.

Last Edited:
Best bet is USGI. As previously noted, Universals have issues and I've heard complaints about the IAI and Thompson Centerfire (Auto-Ordinance) offerings as well. The only third party mfg I'd be prepared to suggest you consider would be Fulton Armory (http://www.fulton-armory.com/M1-Carbine.aspx) - and you will pay dearly for one of theirs ($1,400+). They are also a good source for mags, clips, parts, pieces, and various sundry items.

As Secretary of State, the Wicked Witch of the East banned all further re-imports of USGI M1 carbines. CMP completely exhausted their stock a year or so back, although they may have a few collector types for auction - also not inexpensive. There are quite a few still around however, including a couple here in the classifieds. You might want to try your local Big 5 store, presuming you have one - I bought mine from them on an impulse about 3 years back and came home with a very clean Inland.

Ex Gladio Libertas
Plus 1 on the Fulton Armory M1