Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

M&P9 with threaded barrel

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by MrCaprioni, Jan 25, 2016.

1. MrCaprioni

MrCaprioni Bend,Oregon Active Member

At a local shop there is a M&P9 with standard barrel and threaded barrel, 3 mags, case and holster for $549. Is this a good deal or no?

2. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

If you need a threaded barrel its a reasonably good deal. I paid close to $200 for my storm lake barrel if I remember right. If you don't need the barrel probably not.

3. MrCaprioni

I was thinking about getting the M&P with the intention of getting a can eventually if not I could always sell it.

4. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

I think it is decent deal. You can always sell the threaded barrel separately.

5. asiparks

asiparks PDX Active Member

I'd say it's just OK, AIM and CDNN both had used M&P 9's with night sights, no TS for $349 and I picked up my threaded barrel from GB for $160ish if I remember....

6. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

7. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Seems like a reasonable deal. A brand new M&P 9 will be $489-499, a Storm Lake threaded barrel is $150-190. It depends on how used the gun is and what specific holster goes along with it. An Uncle Mike's universal holster? No value. A fancy custom leather holster or LE duty holster? Potentially great value.

8. MrCaprioni

I already did the deal. Looking in the barrel it had very little residue and seemed to have not been fired much. The feed ramp was completely clean.. It doesn't come with a holster but I have a Incog holster that I am getting and then possibly a OWB Kydek light bearing holster.