JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I own one of the first Gen. M&P's and took it to a local gunsmith..... Hopefully you will not mind if I give a few opinions.

The trigger job done by the local gunsmith was serviceable. I prefer the Apex trigger kit. Watch the YouTube videos. It's just pulling out a few roll pins and making sure you don't lose parts. I even called Apex to ask a few questions after installing my parts. This is where I learned that Smith makes a new sear housing block with a larger plunger spring and they have also updated striker spring.

So I went from a Gen 1 M&P to a Gunsmithed trigger, to an Apex trigger, then I upgraded to the newer sear housing block with bigger spring and newer striker spring. It wasn't until the last two parts that I really liked the trigger.

As for stippling...I do't know what to tell ya.

I own one of the first Gen. M&P's and took it to a local gunsmith..... Hopefully you will not mind if I give a few opinions.

The trigger job done by the local gunsmith was serviceable. I prefer the Apex trigger kit. Watch the YouTube videos. It's just pulling out a few roll pins and making sure you don't lose parts. I even called Apex to ask a few questions after installing my parts. This is where I learned that Smith makes a new sear housing block with a larger plunger spring and they have also updated striker spring.

So I went from a Gen 1 M&P to a Gunsmithed trigger, to an Apex trigger, then I upgraded to the newer sear housing block with bigger spring and newer striker spring. It wasn't until the last two parts that I really liked the trigger.

As for stippling...I do't know what to tell ya.

I've hear good things about Apex. Maybe I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top