JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I own one of the first Gen. M&P's and took it to a local gunsmith..... Hopefully you will not mind if I give a few opinions.

The trigger job done by the local gunsmith was serviceable. I prefer the Apex trigger kit. Watch the YouTube videos. It's just pulling out a few roll pins and making sure you don't lose parts. I even called Apex to ask a few questions after installing my parts. This is where I learned that Smith makes a new sear housing block with a larger plunger spring and they have also updated striker spring.

So I went from a Gen 1 M&P to a Gunsmithed trigger, to an Apex trigger, then I upgraded to the newer sear housing block with bigger spring and newer striker spring. It wasn't until the last two parts that I really liked the trigger.

As for stippling...I do't know what to tell ya.

I own one of the first Gen. M&P's and took it to a local gunsmith..... Hopefully you will not mind if I give a few opinions.

The trigger job done by the local gunsmith was serviceable. I prefer the Apex trigger kit. Watch the YouTube videos. It's just pulling out a few roll pins and making sure you don't lose parts. I even called Apex to ask a few questions after installing my parts. This is where I learned that Smith makes a new sear housing block with a larger plunger spring and they have also updated striker spring.

So I went from a Gen 1 M&P to a Gunsmithed trigger, to an Apex trigger, then I upgraded to the newer sear housing block with bigger spring and newer striker spring. It wasn't until the last two parts that I really liked the trigger.

As for stippling...I do't know what to tell ya.

I've hear good things about Apex. Maybe I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top