JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Shield 2.0 already arrived ala the .45 - it's basically the rough texture frame treatment. But no surprise since they have the full size 2nd gen M&P out for a couple months.

I had a 9mm Shield. Comfortable in hand and cycled well. That's about all it had going for it, at least for me. Accuracy was crap at 10yds, had hard time keeping under 12". Shooting the Sig P938 at same range trip, I could cover those groups with my fist. The sights looked like painted dots. Wrong. It's a little white plastic insert that flew out of the front sight by the second magazine. Gone. Filled hole with white paint. Recoil was atrocious, on par with the P938 but bore height made the flip worse. SW makes nice revolvers, but they can keep their semiautos.

I have owned a couple of small single stack pistols.
Sold one, as my finger would hit the mag release button - that is an anatomy thing

The Shield, I need grip tape to control properly. I started with some skateboard tape (cheap) and have moved on to Talon Grips.
Makes all the difference for me.

I regularly hit the 18x24s at 40 yrds shooting speed steel.

It is one of those things, the gun may be pretty, but if it doesn't fit you, all you got is a paper weight.

Okay, so I'm getting more serious about the Shield in .45 with this rebate, that puts it well under $300, so kind of hard to pass up. Just curious if anyone here has had a chance to own one in .45 for a while and what they think of it? If I get it, it would be my smallest .45 to date, so not sure what to expect from it exactly.

I love my 9mm Shield. It has an Apex sear, TFX sights, Vortex laser, and
Talon grip tape. I wish I would've bought the Performance center Shield.o_Oo_Oo_O
All my M & P's I have installed the Apex sear except my new 2.0 9mm, 5 inch
and the old 38 revolver. :D:D:D My M & Ps.:rolleyes:
DSC00106.JPG

Okay, so I'm getting more serious about the Shield in .45 with this rebate, that puts it well under $300, so kind of hard to pass up. Just curious if anyone here has had a chance to own one in .45 for a while and what they think of it? If I get it, it would be my smallest .45 to date, so not sure what to expect from it exactly.
I'm with you on this one, at 270.00 net, it's going to be difficult to say no to this deal. The diminutive size, 6+1 or 7+1 capacity, and being a .45, looks like I'll have to add one to the collection.

Now to find the perfect iwb holster(s)...

So, because the deal was too tempting, I am the new owner of a Shield 45... All cleaned and ready for the first range trip. image.jpeg Being that my intention would be to get this into the normal carry rotation, I went out and got a Winthrop IWB to go with it... image.jpeg

It's very similar in size to the XDs 3.3 .45, with the shields grip being just a 1/4" or so longer with the 6 round magazine... It actually fits my hand better than the XDs, it certainly feels less chunky. So, if it proves itself at the range to be as accurate and reliable as others claim, it'll certainly find its place as one of my edc choices.

Once I've had an opportunity to shoot it, I'll post my findings and impressions...

Still can't believe this will net out at 270.00... They can't be making much on these, that's for sure...

So, spent last evening with the Withrop IWB holster, comfortable enough, but spent this afternoon and evening with the Concealment Express kydex (my first by the way), dang this thing is comfortable... Set the can't at 15 degrees, carried at 3 o'clock, not intrusive at all...

Once the Shield has proven itself on the range, I found how I'll carry it...

I might need a second one for the other hip... image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last Edited:
I seriously flirted with the .45 Shield for a long time. I already have a Shield 9 and am happy with it. Have way too many 1911s in .45 also. Meh. I went with another CZ in 9mm. I know you will enjoy your Shield. Great firearm from a great manufacturer. Let's hear about your range experiences with it too.

My nephew said he wanted to buy my shield in 9mm so I went out and got the 45 version... I LOVE IT!
He didnt come through with the funds so I guess I am keeping both shields. I have been looking for a good holster for it since I got it but have not settled on one yet.. Any advice on one? I was thinking about the Alien gear 2 holster combo deal... maybe get one for the 1911 as well..

My nephew said he wanted to buy my shield in 9mm so I went out and got the 45 version... I LOVE IT!
He didnt come through with the funds so I guess I am keeping both shields. I have been looking for a good holster for it since I got it but have not settled on one yet.. Any advice on one? I was thinking about the Alien gear 2 holster combo deal... maybe get one for the 1911 as well..
I like the Concealment Express kydex I showed a couple of posts above. It's light, just 2.5 oz, comfortable too with adjustable cant and retention. Should serve well for edc.

People asking its legit pricing I get their flier in the mail . I wish I had the cash for another this week but can't justify it right now. Its a great firearm and the 9mm has like no recoil for such a small gun its really accurate,

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top