JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They finally did it.

American Handgunner Smith & Wesson Announces New M&P9 Shield Plus - American Handgunner
TFB Review: Smith & Wesson M&P Shield Plus 13+1 Round Micro-Compact PistolThe Firearm Blog - MSRP $553 according to them.

Has a new flat faced trigger (I don't care for hinged) and the grip texture is less aggressive.

Finding more info now that I am on desktop as opposed to mobile.

After thought - single stacks are completely obsolete and are now going to be phased out of my collection and please god release these in 40/45 as well!!!!!
So right out of the gate from the reviews shown you get the Shield with increased capacity a better trigger design and it accepts all currently available aftermarket in terms of holsters/sights/lights etc.

Last Edited:
I am mostly sold on the fact its roughly the same size and existing aftermarket will fit it. Not sure on things like a TLR6 but holsters and sights are there which is nice.

Since I have a 365 i will wait for this to release in 40/45. I have a feeling if they do a 45 variant that will be a very popular gun. I like the shield 45 for what it was but I just don't like hinged triggers much.

If they didn't just slightly shorten the grip, it's a hard pass for me. The regular shield is the worst fitting gun I've tried (for me) in that the grip is too thin for the front/back length and too tall in height as I can't get my pinky under the flush fit but there's not enough contact to get a full grip. Right on the middle of the finger. Awful for me. But I like the direction things are going in

I've never been a fan of the S&W Shield but the increased capacity is nice! I like how they says " the extended magazine gives our pistol 13-rounds of 9mm ammo. This allows our product to be the highest capacity micro-compact" I'm not sure about that. My 365 holds 15+1 with the extended mag. While I'm not sure if it is considered micro compact the Glock 43x holds 15+1 with the shield arms magazine. Then you got the Springfield Hellcat. 11+1 13+1 I think S&W should have designed a completely new gun to compete in the Micro Compact market. I think S&W took to long in releasing this but I will say it is a substantial upgrade from the original Shield.

And it is still just as bulky as the original, reason why I got rid of mine. It wouldn't get me to dump my P365, and I would pick a Hellcat or even a lower cap G43 over this Shield anyday.

This is so mediocre, I am surprised they hyped it up as much as they did.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads