JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How set are you between the M&P M2.0 or SIG? Cause I'll throw another wrench into your consideration list.

I own a P226 and have owned 5 of the M&Ps. I'm a big fan of the M&P series, obviously. But how small are your hands, really? My hands are on the smaller side too. I usually use small backstraps for guns that can interchange. Or I'll put on slimmer grips for those that can't (e.g. I have slim grips on my P226 & 92FS). I recently picked up a Beretta APX and can't believe how slim they managed to make that grip. It's one of the most comfortable guns in my hand. I put on the small backstrap and it was actually too small! So I went back to the medium and after some comparison, the APX's medium is very similar to most manufacturers' small backstrap. So if grip size is high on your list of factors, it might be worth a look.

Well, I finally got my hands on all three. Even tried on a 229 Legion for size (handsome pistol), while the 2.0 felt good, the balance of the P229 Nitron just felt right. Pulled the trigger on that one. Waiting for delivery & & b/c now....
Thank you all for your comments & suggestions. And thank you all for leading me away from a sub-compact.
Now, for some home defense classes or tutorials.

So you're asking what is the smallest gun you can get that has light capabilities in case there is a bump in the night? I like my Glock 22 with an extended magazine for 20 rounds of 40S&W. It also has a TLR-1HL.

You can get a TLR-6 for the Shield, but I don't get it. For a bump in the night, bring as many boo-lits as your hand can hold. It may just be a gang of four hooligans secreting in the window you forgot to close. And you will want lots of ammo as well as All. The. Lumens!

BTW, I've owned an XDs9 and a Shield (1.0 at least), and the XDs9 went bye bye because it was so flashy and recoil-y. I love my Shield with a white-hot passion. But for carry around the house and when I go garage-saling or something. For home defense work, I go much bigger.

:D
So you're asking what is the smallest gun you can get that has light capabilities in case there is a bump in the night? I like my Glock 22 with an extended magazine for 20 rounds of 40S&W. It also has a TLR-1HL.

You can get a TLR-6 for the Shield, but I don't get it. For a bump in the night, bring as many boo-lits as your hand can hold. It may just be a gang of four hooligans secreting in the window you forgot to close. And you will want lots of ammo as well as All. The. Lumens!

Yes. I ordered the Sig P229 Nitron 9mm. 15+1. If that fails, the wife will grab the Benelli and go to town

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top