JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all was wantin to see if I could get you're guys opinions on the shield models 1.0 /performance center / 2.0

I have been carrying the M&p shield 1.0 ever since it came out, then moved along as the newer models came out but I haven't had enough experience with the 3 .

Which M&p shield is the Mac daddy of shields??? o_O

064761F5-B24D-4810-ACA9-7D0CA8CD811C.jpeg

I have a performance center and I really like it. Honestly a lot of people feel the performance center is gimmicky but I appreciate the better trigger and sights and I really like how it looks. I've heard really good things about the 2.0 but I've read that if you have a 1.0 it's not necessarily worth buying the 2.0.

So.... If you have a 1.0 stick with it. If you don't have either, go for the 2.0. There are pros and cons to the performance center that are 100% personal preference. At the end of the day for subcompact EDC, the shield is a great choice not matter which one you choose.

I have a performance center and I really like it. Honestly a lot of people feel the performance center is gimmicky but I appreciate the better trigger and sights and I really like how it looks. I've heard really good things about the 2.0 but I've read that if you have a 1.0 it's not necessarily worth buying the 2.0.

So.... If you have a 1.0 stick with it. If you don't have either, go for the 2.0. There are pros and cons to the performance center that are 100% personal preference. At the end of the day for subcompact EDC, the shield is a great choice not matter which one you choose.
I really like the performance center trigger definitely lighter then the other 2 . The sights are an upgrade as well but I couldn't hit nothin with them so I switched them out just recently with hd sights, will see how well it goes. Leaning towards the performance center as my edc though .

The 2.0 texture works great on a duty weapon which sits out further than a cc holster. The 2.0s I carry concealed get talon grips or the sandpaper treatment. That texture really chafes the love handles.

PC doesn't make sense for me because I think the Apex trigger is a superior upgrade. Like the grip on the 2.0, but again, Talon grip tape does all I need.
If you can still get a 1.0 cheap, use the savings on a trigger and sights and I think you have a better package than a PC for less.

PC doesn't make sense for me because I think the Apex trigger is a superior upgrade. Like the grip on the 2.0, but again, Talon grip tape does all I need.
If you can still get a 1.0 cheap, use the savings on a trigger and sights and I think you have a better package than a PC for less.

Yesssssss!

People have been asking me the same question about each of the M&P models. Talking to a S&W rep who is a friend of mine, he says go with the 1.0 and install the Apex and add grip tape or stipple...you'll be money ahead, and won't be left out of anything.

The 1.0s are cheap as people are dumping them. There's plenty of accessories to upgrade the 1.0 and still have money left over for ammo and training.

Yesssssss!

People have been asking me the same question about each of the M&P models. Talking to a S&W rep who is a friend of mine, he says go with the 1.0 and install the Apex and add grip tape or stipple...you'll be money ahead, and won't be left out of anything.

The 1.0s are cheap as people are dumping them. There's plenty of accessories to upgrade the 1.0 and still have money left over for ammo and training.
Well I'm glad I never got rid of my 1.0 gonna have to give the apex trigger a try along with the grip tape.

Just an offer...if you're not sure you can put the Apex in yourself, as some are hesitant... bring it to me and I'll walk you through it. Then you can walk out to my range and run it...no charge.

Just an offer...if you're not sure you can put the Apex in yourself, as some are hesitant... bring it to me and I'll walk you through it. Then you can walk out to my range and run it...no charge.
Looks like my next purchase on the shield will be the apex full trigger kit an I will definitely take you up on that offer. I appreciate that.

So instead of the grip tape I got the houge grip definitely a plus. Feels so much better. I wasn't sure how good the grip tape would stick or how long it would last

5A107628-0993-40BF-A46F-2FC5A60C7CFB.jpeg

I did the 1.0 put Talon and smoothed out the trigger, and feed myself.
The 2.0 cost doesn't justify its purchased the 1.0 was just fine. Not zero issues with the ones we had
( before that tragic boat accident).

I have seen this in many firearms, trying to improve on what already worked fine.
Just ask anyone that owns old S&W Revolvers and Old Remington Rifles, then ask those same to try the new ones.
I checked on the 2.0 being a big Shield Fan, was not impressed and actually did not like the( improvedo_O) improved trigger.

I am huge on ain't broke don't fix it. Guess that about says it..

Love my Shield 9 mm 1.0. Did a few mods-- Apex sear, TFO sights, crimson trace lazer
and Talon grips. The Apex sear gives it a better trigger than 2.0 or Performance center.
With all the mods I still will probably buy a 2.0 Shield.:rolleyes: All these M&P's have Apex sears.
DSC00140.JPG

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top