JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm in the business for a reasonably priced pistol for production class shooting. I am new and haven't competed but I want to start taking strides to compete and it begins with the right pistol. What are your guys' opinions on these platforms ? Thanks!

All can be very competitive. For me, the CZ takes a little while longer to learn to use. It's ultimately better. Unless they are sponsored, I've never seen someone go from CZ style guns to striker fired.

That said, the #2 Production shooter at Nationals, shot a G34.

Ya that's the part I hate. People like all of the choices. It would be a little easier except I can't find a CZ anywhere in Southern Oregon. As for production class apparently I can't change it to a single action only trigger.

Yes a "2011" I think is what your thinking of. I also am looking for a 2011 for limited. Next Saturday February the 6th @ DRRC in the eagle creek / estacada area.

All will work really well. I started with a cz sp01 tactical and switched to the mp in 40 and switched to limited class so I could race up my gun a bit which ou can't do in production. Then i drifted from uspsa into 3-gu and went with a mp core 5" in 9. For some reason I just shoot the mp better and faster. If I would have had a safety version sp01 I might have stuck with it. But I like working on my own guns and the cz is a complicated gun.

Definitely! The thing that makes me lean towards the M&p is that I've been shooting the full size and I can't get a hold of a CZ down here to try out so its kind of a gamble to just order something I've never been held. I would get a new trigger for the m&P for sure though.

I shoot a G34 in Production. I really don't think that any gun makes much of a difference until your own skills are high enough to wring out everything in a pistol's inherent benefits. I chose Glock because the aftermarket support is so huge. Holsters, parts, sights, everything is so easy find in the Glock world. Number 2 reason is that I carry a Glock and almost every bit of practice on my G34 in a match transfers to my G26 and G19.

You know I really want to like Glock. I pick on up and try but it just never sits in my hand right. As for the M&p it's always fit well.

I shoot a G34 in Production. I really don't think that any gun makes much of a difference until your own skills are high enough to wring out everything in a pistol's inherent benefits. I chose Glock because the aftermarket support is so huge. Holsters, parts, sights, everything is so easy find in the Glock world. Number 2 reason is that I carry a Glock and almost every bit of practice on my G34 in a match transfers to my G26 and G19.

Well then, why are you even asking? I only ask that question from the perspective that you should always choose the one that feels best and matches your needs. Why should anyone allow a Glock guy or CZ guy convince them that the M&P does not feel as good good in your hand as you already know that it really does? Get the CORE and don't look back. Having the option later on of going to Carry Optics division would be awesome!

I've moved into CO and don't plan on looking back. Red dots are amazing on a pistol!!!

Ya that's the part I hate. People like all of the choices. It would be a little easier except I can't find a CZ anywhere in Southern Oregon. As for production class apparently I can't change it to a single action only trigger.
While spendy, CZ USA acknowledged CZ Customs as their official custom shop and included their guns in the 2016 CZ Catalog they put out at SHOT. CZ Custom guns are technically a factory custom gun now.

Well it's my first choice but I'm just seeing if there are better options out there. I think I'll probably go M&p. It seems going for what I already know is the most logical.

Well then, why are you even asking? I only ask that question from the perspective that you should always choose the one that feels best and matches your needs. Why should anyone allow a Glock guy or CZ guy convince them that the M&P does not feel as good good in your hand as you already know that it really does? Get the CORE and don't look back. Having the option later on of going to Carry Optics division would be awesome!

I've moved into CO and don't plan on looking back. Red dots are amazing on a pistol!!!

Sorry, did I miss which sport or sports the OP was intending to participate in?

If you are just starting out, and have a pistol that qualifies, use that.

After you have some experience at the buzzer, you'll be better able to determine your needs.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top