Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

M&P magazines

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Netspirit, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Netspirit

Netspirit Bellevue, WA Active Member

...have been hard to find since December 2012, especially the 17-round 9mm FS (people make jokes about its being made of unobtanium) and 8-round 9mm Shield.

S&W representatives have been explaining it by the surge of M&P pistol buying - their entire production capacity is maxed out by supplying magazines for new M&P pistols, spare magazines obviously take lower priority.

A week ago 44mag.com was selling 17-rounders for $99.99. May them burn in hell.

MidwayUSA had them in stock today:

kebytk.png

I made this thread about how the craziness might finally be over, then checked them 5 minutes later and saw that all of them had been sold out. Looks like it is not over yet. /

(message to moderators: please move this thread to "Accessories", if appropriate)

2. Floridian

Floridian Oregon New Member

Not available again...

3. Peteralexander78

Peteralexander78 vancouver Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

Yeah, I have two M&Ps and no luck in the mag department. I bought a 9mm FS just before December and totally wished I got more.

4. dmv9

dmv9 Seattle, WA Member

44mag has them now for $89.99 :) a$$es

5. glockman99

glockman99 Hoquiam, WA. Active Member

I had a M&P9 not too long ago, but I traded it for a Glock 23. The inability to obtain magazines for the M&P9 was one of the reasons for the trade.

6. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

For $35, I can get Glock factory 33 round mags :) just sayin' lol

jb11 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Netspirit

^ Yeah, but Glocks are tasteless and owned by a non-American company, so why would anyone want a magazine for them? :)

On a serious note, PoliceHQ allows backordering M&P mags for about $20 but I bet they won't ship until the factory price goes way below that, which is not happening soon.

inkedgenius and (deleted member) like this.
  8. jb11

jb11 salem Active Member

Glock's may seem a little tasteless but they have the best support of any pistol I own.Never a problem getting mag's or any part I want,m&p support suck's that's why I dumped them.

9. Netspirit

I was kidding. I know that Glocks are like 870s - buy one and you are pretty much set for life in terms of support and accessories. However, the M&P is one of the very few (if not the only) high-quality products fully owned (from assembly lines to the HQ) by an American company, which means something to me.

The pistols remain very popular, S&W is trying to scale production up and the panic of 2012-2013 obviously did not help. I agree that they need to fix those issues real soon, otherwise they are going to lose quite a bit of business.

inkedgenius and (deleted member) like this.
  10. jb11

jb11 salem Active Member

m&p's are very popular and once their support for mag's and other part's seem to get better I am sure I will pick up another one.

11. SomeDude

SomeDude Portland, OR Reclaimer

This is pretty common on Midway. I've signed up for email alerts on .22 ammo before. I get the email, go to the site, put it in my cart, shop around for more stuff I "need" since I'm paying for shipping anyways, go to check out, and BOOM!, item is no longer available. Turns out I'm not the only one who signed up for the alert.

From then on when I get the alert I go grab it and check out immediately. If there is something else I want I make sure and put it in my cart ahead of time.

12. dmv9

dmv9 Seattle, WA Member

Check out cabela's. they have pro mags for $35

13. Netspirit

ProMag is total crap. Don't buy them unless you are absolutely desperate. The factory ones should soon be back on the market.

I bought 10 of them a few months ago, now left with 2 still functioning. Some of them did not drop out of the pistol without some additional effort. Some of them were hard to insert. The others had their bottom lids fall out (dropping all the rounds to the floor) during shooting - apparently slamming ProMags into the pistol with some force displaces their bottom lids a bit, and the recoil finishes the "opening" process.

A good magazine is supposed to be rugged enough to withstand what happens in a real gunfight.

45 for me and (deleted member) like this.
  14. gunfreak

gunfreak Boise Well-Known Member

15. dmv9

dmv9 Seattle, WA Member

44mag.com has them for $60

16. skerky

skerky Southern Oregon Member

I guess it's a good sign that 44mag.com is lowering their prices. I was shocked when I saw that they were asking $99 (and selling them at that price!).

17. foxmeadow

foxmeadow Eugene New Member

I managed to get a couple from Midway on 8/29. I clicked the "Notify Me" Button, because I wanted more than 2. Yesterday they said they had some, but by the time I completed my order, they were gone. They did let me backorder, tho..

18. Netspirit

^ According to Midway, "date expected in stock: 12/31/2013".

19. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Wow, glad I got 4 quite a while back. They were $120 shipped. I would have got more but these are just in my go bag for my compact. I have lots of compact mags for it.

20. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

I had no idea m&p mags were hard to find. I might spring for the cabelas edition that comes with three... seems Glock mags are pretty common again though.