JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
...have been hard to find since December 2012, especially the 17-round 9mm FS (people make jokes about its being made of unobtanium) and 8-round 9mm Shield.

S&W representatives have been explaining it by the surge of M&P pistol buying - their entire production capacity is maxed out by supplying magazines for new M&P pistols, spare magazines obviously take lower priority.

A week ago 44mag.com was selling 17-rounders for $99.99. May them burn in hell.

MidwayUSA had them in stock today:

kebytk.png

I made this thread about how the craziness might finally be over, then checked them 5 minutes later and saw that all of them had been sold out. Looks like it is not over yet. /

(message to moderators: please move this thread to "Accessories", if appropriate)

^ Yeah, but Glocks are tasteless and owned by a non-American company, so why would anyone want a magazine for them? :)

On a serious note, PoliceHQ allows backordering M&P mags for about $20 but I bet they won't ship until the factory price goes way below that, which is not happening soon.

^ Yeah, but Glocks are tasteless and owned by a non-American company, so why would anyone want a magazine for them? :)

On a serious note, PoliceHQ allows backordering M&P mags for about $20 but I bet they won't ship until the factory price goes way below that, which is not happening soon.
Glock's may seem a little tasteless but they have the best support of any pistol I own.Never a problem getting mag's or any part I want,m&p support suck's that's why I dumped them.

Never a problem getting mag's or any part I want,m&p support suck's that's why I dumped them.

I was kidding. I know that Glocks are like 870s - buy one and you are pretty much set for life in terms of support and accessories. However, the M&P is one of the very few (if not the only) high-quality products fully owned (from assembly lines to the HQ) by an American company, which means something to me.

The pistols remain very popular, S&W is trying to scale production up and the panic of 2012-2013 obviously did not help. I agree that they need to fix those issues real soon, otherwise they are going to lose quite a bit of business.

I was kidding. I know that Glocks are like 870s - buy one and you are pretty much set for life in terms of support and accessories. However, the M&P is one of the very few (if not the only) high-quality products fully owned (from assembly lines to the HQ) by an American company, which means something to me.

The pistols remain very popular, S&W is trying to scale production up and the panic of 2012-2013 obviously did not help. I agree that they need to fix those issues real soon, otherwise they are going to lose quite a bit of business.
m&p's are very popular and once their support for mag's and other part's seem to get better I am sure I will pick up another one.

This is pretty common on Midway. I've signed up for email alerts on .22 ammo before. I get the email, go to the site, put it in my cart, shop around for more stuff I "need" since I'm paying for shipping anyways, go to check out, and BOOM!, item is no longer available. Turns out I'm not the only one who signed up for the alert.

From then on when I get the alert I go grab it and check out immediately. If there is something else I want I make sure and put it in my cart ahead of time.

ProMag is total crap. Don't buy them unless you are absolutely desperate. The factory ones should soon be back on the market.

I bought 10 of them a few months ago, now left with 2 still functioning. Some of them did not drop out of the pistol without some additional effort. Some of them were hard to insert. The others had their bottom lids fall out (dropping all the rounds to the floor) during shooting - apparently slamming ProMags into the pistol with some force displaces their bottom lids a bit, and the recoil finishes the "opening" process.

A good magazine is supposed to be rugged enough to withstand what happens in a real gunfight.

I managed to get a couple from Midway on 8/29. I clicked the "Notify Me" Button, because I wanted more than 2. Yesterday they said they had some, but by the time I completed my order, they were gone. They did let me backorder, tho..

Wow, glad I got 4 quite a while back. They were $120 shipped. I would have got more but these are just in my go bag for my compact. I have lots of compact mags for it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top