JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've shot both and love the 2.0. My Uncle has been a glock guy for years, owns 4 glocks... now prefers his 2.0 over all of them.

Go shoot it! Just don't spend $50 on a rental when you can buy one for $400 lol

I'm a M&P guy. So I'm going to tell you to go get one. I'm not sure I'd sell your Glock though...even though I really don't care for them. But call around to the rental counters at your local ranges. Somebody has got to have one in the case. You can decide for yourself.

And personally, I think the 2.0 trigger is the best factory polymer trigger on the market right now. Even better than the PPQ that everyone raves about. YMMV on this however. But an M&P with an Apex flat faced trigger and forward set sear, is just a joy to shoot. But that's about a $200 upgrade after tax and shipping. But so worth it. :)

I'm a M&P guy. So I'm going to tell you to go get one. I'm not sure I'd sell your Glock though...even though I really don't care for them. But call around to the rental counters at your local ranges. Somebody has got to have one in the case. You can decide for yourself.

And personally, I think the 2.0 trigger is the best factory polymer trigger on the market right now. Even better than the PPQ that everyone raves about. YMMV on this however. But an M&P with an Apex flat faced trigger and forward set sear, is just a joy to shoot. But that's about a $200 upgrade after tax and shipping. But so worth it. :)

Hope they do a 2.0 CORE.

Have to agree. Mine ended up at 1lb 12oz.after 10 pulls for an average....
20180309_171600.jpg 20180118_154423.jpg

I picked up a M&P 2.0 45 vs a Glock in .45
Out of the box I believe the trigger, grips, and sights are better.
I like it more than I expected and always seem to go through more .45 rounds compared to others each trip to the range...

I own the 9mm, I like it. I like glocks, but like m&ps more. Shoot one before you trade it away. Personally, the ergos blow glock away. The m&p 2.0 compact is a hair snappier than the g19 in recoil department, i wish it had the beavertail the gen 1 fullsize guns have. Thats my only complaint.

Hope they do a 2.0 CORE.

Have to agree. Mine ended up at 1lb 12oz.after 10 pulls for an average....
View attachment 454281 View attachment 454282

I emailed S&W Customer Service a couple weeks ago asking if they were a) going to release a 2.0 45 4 inch gun like they had in the 1.0 line and b) when they were planning on releasing the 2.0. CORE.

Their response was as I expected...

Currently we do not produce a version of this firearm with those specifications. Any new product will be released on our website. I would be glad to relay your feedback to our Marketing Department for review. For more updates and news on our firearms please visit our website for more information.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us

You would have thought the CORE would be out by now. Wonder what they're waiting on. :rolleyes:

They never let on what they will do. Every time I wrote and begged for the Compact that is the 2.0, I was always told look for new models released at SHOT Show, and it always disappointed. The 2.0c was debuted not at SHOT - just late 3rd quarter last year. So who knows if/when CORE or a .45 compact is coming.

FWIW, on the 9s at least, a 1.0 slide works on a 2.0 frame and vice versa. A 1.0 barrel will not fit a 2.0 slide, but the 2.0 barrel fits in a 1.0 slide as well. This is because the difference in breachface shape.

Heres a 2.0 barrel in a 1.0 slide on a 2.0 frame, and a 2.0 slide on a 1.0 frame...

One thing to note - a 2.0 slide will not lock open on the 1.0 frame, but the 1.0 slide will on a 2.0 frame. This is because the 2.0 slide has a smaller, differently shaped cut for the slide stop. The 1.0 has a long, rectangular cut. The 2.0 is a small notch.

KgMqZmp.jpg

B40RNh5.jpg

joXdZ4I.jpg

Last Edited:
Using the 2.0 4.25" in 40 S&W is pretty nice compared to some of the other polymer striker fires out there. it doesn't feel as snappy to me compared to say a XD40 or a PPQ M2 40. I haven't personally used the 9mm or C versions of the 2.0 but I have to comment that the over all build quality is better than a stock Glock (I am purely talking from Factory no after market). The bummer is you get 2 mags at purchase vs Glocks 3. As for the trigger, I personally feel from factory stock it is a LOT better than a Gen4 and even the Gen5. Not so much the the trigger itself but more of the feel to it very minimal creep once at the wall and breaks nicely along with a good audible reset. Both have a pretty good aftermarket if that is your path. Used to EDC a Gen4 G19 but since moved on to a 2.0 (Fun fact: Galco G19 holsters will contain a 2.0 in 4.25" just fine).

Not to mention I feel S&W gats are more priced accurately to what you get.
The weight between the two (G19 9mm and a 2.0 in 40S&W) is barely noticed by me in hand and while CC'ing. Its just barely bigger than a G19. I say next time you go to a fun store set the two side by side and actually finger them to see which fits your daily needs more.

Tbh end of the day they all go bang or at least should and if you got a bad one you got a lemon in the bunch. I say this from doing both a good amount of trigger time behind various polymer strikers and researching around online. Don't completely base of bias reviews and youtube tactical town. Get hands on and see for yourself for the best informed purchase.

Eh, for the price of theGen 4 or 5 Glock, you can get the 2.0, and two extra mags. M&P has metal mags that run about $35 each, vs $30 for plastic Glock mags. S&W pricing seems more reasonable than Glocks on this.

I paid IIRC $469 for my compact. A gen 4 Glock runs about $560 in stores. Thats $90 price difference. Thats 2 M&P mags and 100 rounds of ball ammo in price difference :D And the M&P has good, steel sights. A $560 Glock plus $80 (bottom end for decent sights like AmeriGlo) puts you at $640 theres 2 more mags, and another 50 rounds of ball.

Value wise, if buying brand new, the M&P is more for the money. Glock has more aftermarket support. Both are very good guns.

Best advice I can give is that if you feel unsure of your piece is to try and run at least 1k - 2k rounds thru it and see if its really the gun you don't like or something about the way you are shooting you don't like.

Glock and 2.0 are pretty much the same type of gun. Its all preference end of the day what you like better.

But as mentioned before you can hold on to your G19 as a "it just werkz" gun and get a 2.0 on the cheap side if you stash away some money for awhile, hit up a range and borrow one if you can. Try before you buy is a good option. One option the Glock has to enhance it further (may as well buy a higher priced gun if you drop that much aftermarket into it as far as accessories and frames/barrels triggers etc. imo) is to get a RONI for it and have a PDW sized 9 for fun.

Also, may i ask what OP's reason is for wanting to trade for a 2.0? is it for home D or EDC or just a range toy?

Using the 2.0 4.25" in 40 S&W is pretty nice compared to some of the other polymer striker fires out there. it doesn't feel as snappy to me compared to say a XD40 or a PPQ M2 40. I haven't personally used the 9mm or C versions of the 2.0 but I have to comment that the over all build quality is better than a stock Glock (I am purely talking from Factory no after market). The bummer is you get 2 mags at purchase vs Glocks 3. As for the trigger, I personally feel from factory stock it is a LOT better than a Gen4 and even the Gen5. Not so much the the trigger itself but more of the feel to it very minimal creep once at the wall and breaks nicely along with a good audible reset. Both have a pretty good aftermarket if that is your path. Used to EDC a Gen4 G19 but since moved on to a 2.0 (Fun fact: Galco G19 holsters will contain a 2.0 in 4.25" just fine).

Not to mention I feel S&W gats are more priced accurately to what you get.
The weight between the two (G19 9mm and a 2.0 in 40S&W) is barely noticed by me in hand and while CC'ing. Its just barely bigger than a G19. I say next time you go to a fun store set the two side by side and actually finger them to see which fits your daily needs more.

Tbh end of the day they all go bang or at least should and if you got a bad one you got a lemon in the bunch. I say this from doing both a good amount of trigger time behind various polymer strikers and researching around online. Don't completely base of bias reviews and youtube tactical town. Get hands on and see for yourself for the best informed purchase.

I agree that the 2.0 in 40 is the softest shooting 40 on the market. I picked one up recently and have come to a few conclusions: 40 S&W M&Ps, in my experience, tend to be more accurate than 9mm M&Ps. Several 40s Ive shot where exceptionally accurate. The 9mms weren't bad, but not great.

I prefer Glock triggers over M&P triggers, especially in regards to how far back the M&P trigger feels compared to a Glock. The M&P 45 has a bit more length from the fronstrap to the rear and it feels better to me than the 9/40. Id like the trigger to be more like a Sig P226 in regards to distance from the grip.

I'd been wanting a G19 sized M&P since I started shooting M&P's. Well they finally made it and I bought one.

It was a great gun, but after lusting after this exact size gun for so long, I found out I much prefer a full size grip. Go figure....

I sold the 2.0 Compact and picked up a 2.0 full size. I didn't really think I was going to love the 2.0's eggresive grip but I do.

So if you can, try before you buy.

I'd been wanting a G19 sized M&P since I started shooting M&P's. Well they finally made it and I bought one.

It was a great gun, but after lusting after this exact size gun for so long, I found out I much prefer a full size grip. Go figure....

I sold the 2.0 Compact and picked up a 2.0 full size. I didn't really think I was going to love the 2.0's eggresive grip but I do.

So if you can, try before you buy.

I am contemplating switching my 2.0 grip mod for a 1.0 grip mod. I like the aggressive texture on the fronstrap. I don't feel that its needed as much on the back of the grip. The texture also seems to catch my shirt real bad.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top