JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Popped the cherry on my new baby today. Took the family and a friend upto Wolf Creek (place looks great compared to the last time I got up there!)

Got 250+ rounds down it - a mix of fmj and jhp from 115 thru 147 grain. No malfunctions, no hiccups. Recoil impulse is a tad different than any of the prior M&Ps I have owned. Not in a bad way but just a bit different. Chalking that up to some of the changes made from the gen 1 guns.

Oddly my wife was not a fan - I think the grip texture is too rough for her. I thought it was perfect as its just about how I would stipple my other plastic guns.

The grip adapter sleeves for 17 rounders work as advertized. No surprise there.

The only oddity - the guns sights are off. I need to drift the rear sight to the right a bit - I was consistently hitting to the left of my point of aim by about 3-5 inches at the 15 yard line. I was hitting much more POA with my P220 and the wife's shield, so I am pretty sure its the sights and not me. I did not take tools to make the adjustments there so that means I gotta get back out soon to recheck, right? :D

The trigger is the best out of the box m&p trigger I have used. It feels smoother for sure. Considerably lighter than my wife's shield trigger - so much so that she got a couple unexpected doubles. I would have to say the shield she has feels like it pulls about 6.5-7 lbs and the new compact is more like 4.5-5lbs.

Not much else to point out - its still an M&P. I still prefer it to the Glock 19. I still wish Smith had built this gun 10 years ago.

Going to craft a new iwb holster for it tomorrow.

I think they really hit a home run with this one. The size and the trigger are two great improvements. There's also gotta be something you can do to soften up the grips a bit. Maybe some sandpaper or something...if you're trying to keep the wife unit happy. ;)

A fine little flat file can take the edge off some of the texturing if the wife has an issue. Mrs308 wears a thin pair of biking gloves when she shoots...seems to take the edge off for her.

image.jpg

Eh - wife has a gen 1 Shield. She'll live :D

I got a new holster made for it yesterday. Carries just like my g19s did. Carries just like my m&p 45 compact did (hope that gun gets a gen 2 iteration!)

I compared the new compact to the old one and they did exactly - exactly what I wrote asking them for (not taking credit just pointing it out) - the grip length is exactly that of the gen 1 compact with pinky base pad. And they added 1/2" up front. The only thing I wish this gun had the gen 1s don't is the beavertail tang - I think it really helped the gun shoot flat. The 2.0 has more muzzle climb than the gen 1 did. Not terrible (it is a 9 afterall) but noticable.

I wonder if S&W will relabel the 12 round gun as the Subcompact and continue its production - I think they should. I wouldn't mind getting another at some point. It would also essentially replicate Glock's lineup of fullsize, midsize, subcompact and pocketsize guns.

Y7tckAb.jpg

7akHR0H.jpg

O7vn82R.jpg

FARguo3.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show