JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any chance you've ever shot a Kriss Vector in 45 or 10mm to be able to compare the two? I'm just curious to hear any direct comparisons even though price ranges are pretty far apart.
I have both of those platforms - my 10mm KRISS is one of the Enhanced models (6.5 barrel), and my .45 is the standard Gen II.

Weight, balance, and ergonomics are really the biggest differentiating factors to me, as my experience on accuracy is that my KRISSes put lead on target as well as the LWRC does. The KRISS (to me) is ideal when shouldered as a rifle and treated as such; being mindful where you handle the weapon on the chance you might have your support hand clenching where the mag release happens to be positioned. The KRISS feels more front-heavy, enough that I feel myself applying more effort in my support hand, carrying more of the weight than I would have expected. The SMG, OTOH, doesn't feel like a rifle in pistol/rifle clothing. When I pull to my shoulder, it glides more naturally and I don't feel myself needing to compensate as much with my support hand due to what I perceive as a weight imbalance up front (or even in back.) I can also shoot it (semi) accurately one-handed, something I am not as proficient as with either of the KRISSes.

Just my observations.

Thanks. I've got the Kriss 10mm SDP Enhanced and have really enjoyed it. Nice having the longer barrel and a better place to grip with support hand. Though, yeah, not really something to try and shoot with one hand.

I need to find a place to handle the SMG, seems interesting with your comments and OPs.

Thanks. I've got the Kriss 10mm SDP Enhanced and have really enjoyed it. Nice having the longer barrel and a better place to grip with support hand. Though, yeah, not really something to try and shoot with one hand.

I need to find a place to handle the SMG, seems interesting with your comments and OPs.
I don't know if Norpoint has one or not (Brian's a great dude and I encourage people to check their range), but if you're willing to drive, you should ping Jeremy @ Sharp Shooting in Spokane. He gets things others don't, has a full service range, and he's an elite human being to work with.

@Helocat I handled a B&T GHM45 at my local dealer and fully expected to not set it down and purchase it. That thought ended the minute I tried the mag release. The mag release was so stiff you couldn't drop it with one finger you had to unshoulder the gun and use two hands. Completely defeats the purpose of the platform. I am sure it would either break in or could be made to function properly but it shouldn't get through QC with an issue like that on a $1,600 gun. Add in that it takes unique mags at $100 plus per mag and I quickly decided I was going with an LWRC SMG to complement my CMMG Banshee in 45 ACP.

How is the mag release on your APC45? Have you played with the Glock mag lowers for the B&T's yet? The Glock B&T lowers are excellent and the magazine release is far superior to the B&T magazine lower mag release.

Have not played with it much since I got it. Its living in the safe right now waiting for me to track down a .45 trilug adaptor. No have not tested the Glock lowers for it. But my god for the price of the OEM B$T .45. Mags, one should!

Any chance you've ever shot a Kriss Vector in 45 or 10mm to be able to compare the two? I'm just curious to hear any direct comparisons even though price ranges are pretty far apart.

I have a 9mm Kriss in the safe, I gave it to my son for his 18th birth day two yrs ago. I told him I would never get one as I have Glocks that shoot Glock mags and surprised him with it. (How to piss off your wife give your son a space looking gun) He of course wanted a .45 but knowing he will want to shoot it, allot and going into life as a young man affording .45 vs. 9mm is not much of a question. Since its a pistol its still officially mine and in my safe for 18 more months. But no I have not shot a .45 or a 10mm. I am keeping an eye out for a decent deal on a used 10mm Kriss just to toss in the truck for our back country travel since I normally pack a few Glocks in 10 with custom Lehigh Defense loads for bear. Having the carbine to take the same mags would be nice.

However the 9mm is not the .45 Kriss but a Kriss is a Kriss and its a blocky chunk of a weapon to wield. Its balance makes it seam so heavy I was shocked to see its the same weight at the LWRC. (5.9lbs) The LWRC feels so much lighter due to its balance. Recoil wise the LWRC is crazy soft. The Kriss with the whole V system ya its soft too and I bet with the bigger calibers it's noticeable less too. The whole feel of the Kriss, for me, makes it more of a range toy, vrs a tool for home or trail. The LWRC however, yes please.

19yr old son rocking his Kriss in 9mm few days ago. More 165gn subs down range and more brass to load.....again.

850FBCEC-24A9-40E7-8B85-933A1EE3385E.jpeg

Last Edited: