JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After some issues to track down and actually be able to buy I have landed the LWRC SMG45 to my PCC collection. I just got it today looking forward to getting it on the range this weekend.

Bought from Sporting Systems on the board. I have a HK-USC project going to convert it to a UMP so Just happen to have a number of .45 UMP mags too. Can do a full loadout now! He he, this will be a range toy. But we will see, make one heck of a truck gun!

As for the LWRC, it looks outstanding and can't wait to shoot it.

A5EFC063-442C-4646-9F49-7C342721A374.jpeg FF63843D-39B8-456D-963A-C5D19E5ECB4F.jpeg

Last Edited:
Eagerly awaiting your range report! Do you have a .45 can? If so, which one? All reports I have read say the LWRC SMG makes an excellent suppressor host.

I have a Dead Air Ghost 45 in FDE. However of course not the .578x28 piston. The piston is inbound right now. I am looking forward to running it with the can, I am expecting it to be butter smooth with it. Loading some 200gr RN for it should be a soft shooting .45. ;)

dead_air_ghost_m_fde_up__1200x1200.jpg

Nice.
That set you back some coin.

It did. Could look at it as a long term investment, but really it's a big toy. I love the delayed blowback on the HK SP5 so looking forward to it in a .45 package. I fear one of these days buying something like this will not be an option. :(. So getting why the getting is good. My teenage boys one day will be fighting eachother who gets it. he he by then I will prob. just give it to a granddaughter/son if I have one someday. I will be that Grandpaw "her kid have a .45 SMG for your 14th birthday" freaking out some future daughter-inlaw.

It did. Could look at it as a long term investment, but really it's a big toy. I love the delayed blowback on the HK SP5 so looking forward to it in a .45 package. I fear one of these days buying something like this will not be an option. :(. So getting why the getting is good. My teenage boys one day will be fighting eachother who gets it. he he by then I will prob. just give it to a granddaughter/son if I have one someday. I will be that Grandpaw "her kid have a .45 SMG for your 14th birthday" freaking out some future daughter-inlaw.
I look at it this way, if you have the coin why not enjoy life ?
I just grabbed the last STI Edge 9mm for $2000 (Staccato is the new model).
It's a great pistol and I'm glad I have one now.

Congrats! You're going to love it. The stamp for the can I ordered to leave on it full-time just arrived at my dealer today, so I pick that up tomorrow.

If you decide to Form 1 it, the only stock options LWRC makes for it right now is a collapsible. If you want folding, you'll need to go with B&T.

44D3C98B-CF53-4244-B052-FB7B96B48604.jpeg

Congrats! You're going to love it. The stamp for the can I ordered to leave on it full-time just arrived at my dealer today, so I pick that up tomorrow.

If you decide to Form 1 it, the only stock options LWRC makes for it right now is a collapsible. If you want folding, you'll need to go with B&T.

View attachment 696332

Funny thing is I have that same B&T stock just waiting for my Form 4 to clear for my B&T APC9-SD, closer to the can clearing I will form 1 it ways to go so it lives in the back of the never need to get into safe.

First time to the range with it. My 17 and 15 yr olds joined me and my 17yr old quickly decided its his favorite of all, well with the Dead Air Ghost can on it. WOWsers this thing shoots amazing. So smooth to shoot. We were enjoying it so much we did not get the new B&T APC45 Pro out, mainly since we did not want to put ear pro on, rocking cans on everything with the range to ourselves.

Looking into what its going to take to get a Tri-lug adaptor for the .45 APC, then what can it will fit.

But the main thing was putting the first 200 rounds though that LWRC, man its nice.

3E22B3C1-D6E4-4366-ADE9-1FE1B0E75EAD.jpeg EDA0E0C0-70A5-4EA9-BF97-8F9DFBFAB9BB.jpeg FD6C39BF-DAD2-4209-B58D-D1906586511F.jpeg

Can looks good on yours, man. I took possession of my Octane 45K yesterday, so I've placed it where it will live the rest of their days.

The B&T stock did take a little manipulation (drilling and sanding - long story) but worked out well.

smg_02.jpg smg_01.jpg

Your feedback is pretty much identical to other feedback I have read on the LWRC SMG. This is top of the list for next addition to my growing sub gun collection.

I was suspect going in a bit on the reviews. Rarely to pepole drop $3k to only say "well I am an idot and its meh" most always say "best ever" to not look the fool. But this is hands down not the case, blind this thing is amazing to shoot. And flat out next level with that can on it.

I have a brand new unfired B&T APC45 and all that "swiss" hype of quality.... it can not hold a candle to the LWRC. The B&T even came with some plastic stiff flip-up non branded sites that look like they were meant for an airsoft gun. B&T is going to have to step up their game since price-wise the LWRC is competing with it and completely destroying it on all fronts.

B&T 45 comes with ONE MAG, and the dang mags are $105 EACH. LWRC came with 2 UMP mags that are $42 from HK Parts. 4 B&T mags or 10 LWRC/UMP mags for the same $420?!!!

MAN. Dig that first photo! If you read lips.....

Ooooo!

Ya he now flat out loves .45. Normally my 17yr old is mowing through the 9mm. But this LWRC once it had the can on it he did not want to put it down.

That is truly a drool worthy weapon! I've looked at them online and help one at a show but the price of them just gives me a dizzy feeling. I wish I had the coin for it!

They will come down when they catch up with production I think. I bet the small home FFLs once they can get them from the big distributors will start cutting inside deals for them. $2100 to $2200 would be the sweet spot. With the build components it has, it's like it already has $1k of upgrades.

If they release this in 10mm I will trip over myself to get it. They say 9mm is coming but only after they catch up with the demand for the 45.

BUT my one compliant: It comes in custom cut foam.....in a cardboard box. Wua wua waaaaa. $3k and no useable case. At last, the B&T comes with a crappy generic plastic case. The new HK USC comes with a very cool soft HK branded rifle case. But you get a brown box for LWRC. Going to look to transfer the foam from the box to a decent case. At least I can use the cut foam.

Can looks good on yours, man. I took possession of my Octane 45K yesterday, so I've placed it where it will live the rest of their days.

The B&T stock did take a little manipulation (drilling and sanding - long story) but worked out well.

View attachment 697099 View attachment 697100

Looks great, two stamp guns are fun ones for sure. Get that baby and 200 rounds of ammo to the range stat!

Not planning to Form 1 mine just yet time will tell. I have a few others that need the stamps first, like my APC9-SD, its a stamp gun already so might as well have two.

I'm about 500 rounds into mine. I picked it up last summer and haven't looked back. I made a few purchases last year, but it's definitely top three of my favorites.

@Helocat I handled a B&T GHM45 at my local dealer and fully expected to not set it down and purchase it. That thought ended the minute I tried the mag release. The mag release was so stiff you couldn't drop it with one finger you had to unshoulder the gun and use two hands. Completely defeats the purpose of the platform. I am sure it would either break in or could be made to function properly but it shouldn't get through QC with an issue like that on a $1,600 gun. Add in that it takes unique mags at $100 plus per mag and I quickly decided I was going with an LWRC SMG to complement my CMMG Banshee in 45 ACP.

How is the mag release on your APC45? Have you played with the Glock mag lowers for the B&T's yet? The Glock B&T lowers are excellent and the magazine release is far superior to the B&T magazine lower mag release.

Any chance you've ever shot a Kriss Vector in 45 or 10mm to be able to compare the two? I'm just curious to hear any direct comparisons even though price ranges are pretty far apart.