JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm trying to imagine how switching shoulders would work with the offset RDS and nods- do you switch hands also, or just shoulders? It seems like it would be really awkward compared to a 12 mount with is consistent either way you lean the rifle.
I would continue using my dominate eye, but yeah 12 o'clock is much more ambi-friendly, which why I'll probably end up going back to it. As far for switching sides, I do both depending on what I'm doing. If I'm just doing a couple quick shots I'll just switch shoulders, but I make a point to work from both the left and right and take classes running the weapons from my non-dominate side, so there I'm switching hands too.

I would continue using my dominate eye, but yeah 12 o'clock is much more ambi-friendly, which why I'll probably end up going back to it. As far for switching sides, I do both depending on what I'm doing. If I'm just doing a couple quick shots I'll just switch shoulders, but I make a point to work from both the left and right and take classes running the weapons from my non-dominate side, so there I'm switching hands too.
Yep, I get that. Being able to use the rifle from either side, with either eye, firing with either hand, are good skills to have. For science, I just put on the helmet, turned off the lights and tried to switch shoulders. With the 30* offset mount it is an absolute no go with having that be effective. While using the PVS-14 on the right eye. The angles just don't work.

Now - without the Nods, it's fine, easy enough, can do it no problem. If I switch to the left shoulder, but maintain right hand fire control, I can look through the RDS with my non dominant eye just fine and interestingly enough, if I switch hands, then things don't line up properly with the eye.

So, in summary. No nods, 30* offset RDS can be shot from either shoulder just fine. With nods 30* offset RDS is entirely the strong side shooting.

Side note:

If you ambi the Tavor, in my experience the brass deflects forward of your face, not into it.

Side, side note:

Paint your rifles, scopes, mounts, etc. you can easily see the difference between a rattle can matt camo job and the bare "matte" black scope housing, DBAL, and some parts of the light that need repainting. Granted this is at 3ft with an IR light directly on it, but you get the idea.

C9D5B16C-2C7F-4637-85E8-11584A5A9668.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews