JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im starting on a new AR build, this will be a hunting/target rifle only so this will be a scoped rifle. While I always like the idea of backup irons its not a priority for me with hunting rifles, but since the AR has pictatinny rails just sitting there I am curious, what are some quality BUIS sights with the lowest profile?

The original Magpul PROs are low profile and reasonably priced, I think Bobro puts out the flattest BUIS. KAC 300M Micro sights are also.
Wow, those Bobros really are super flat, and as a set they are priced nearly the same as the Magpul PROs.
I think the KACs will be out of my price range, either that or I have to force myself to shoot irons to justify them.... not as if that wouldnt be fun or anything :)

FYI PA has Magpul PROs on sale right now plus they running a 12% off site wide.
I always find the good deals when Im not fully ready to buy.... I am looking at rear stocks right now, wanted to get the stock and buffer installed next so I dont have the tiny LPK parts lying around (its gonna be a longer wait for the upper I want)

Thats a good deal on the MBUS PROs. When stowed, the Pros are .37" tall, the Bobro Lowriders are even less at .2" tall. Undecided, I like them both.

Not sure if they are still around but also check out Leitner-Wise "E-Sight". Another different option is Zero Bravo REOS, they a ring sight attached to the scope.
I haven't seen the Zero Bravo available anywhere in a long time. I've been looking cause I want a few sets. I'm considering 3d printing a set

I am a huge fan of the Midwest Industries Combat Rifle Sights. Have them on most of my ARs. They are pretty flat, rock solid and not too terribly expensive. I got my last few sets on sale for around $125/set. Typically around $150 I think.
opplanet-midwest-industries-combat-rifle-sight-set-mcimage-spids-94567-96042-vids[1].jpg

Spikes Tactical has low profile flip up sights. But no telling what the quality is.

The KAC sights are the by far the cleanest, but they are rare are hen's teeth and outrageously expensive.

I am a huge fan of the Midwest Industries Combat Rifle Sights. Have them on most of my ARs. They are pretty flat, rock solid and not too terribly expensive. I got my last few sets on sale for around $125/set. Typically around $150 I think.
View attachment 1351944
^^^I'm liking the look of these

View attachment 1351944
I'm not sure why I always forget about MI but there are an excellent choice for many items at a very reasonable price.

I'm not sure why I always forget about MI but there are an excellent choice for many items at a very reasonable price.
The reason I always forget about MI is because when I type "midwestindustries.com" It goes to some other company but my browser history lists midwestgunworks and I get distracted thinking thats it and go there instead....
oof.

Theres some really nice options listed here in this post. Perfect for the build Im doing.

I wouldnt buy anything until after I get the upper I want, the most expensive part.

Convince me,... the largest hurdle for me is if I will use them... how often does anyone use their BUIS on a scoped rifle?

Don't forget offset sights are an option

Theres some really nice options listed here in this post. Perfect for the build Im doing.

I wouldnt buy anything until after I get the upper I want, the most expensive part.

Convince me,... the largest hurdle for me is if I will use them... how often does anyone use their BUIS on a scoped rifle?
I put offset BUIS on my 6.8SPC-II hunting rig. Easy transition from scope to BUIS for a "snap shot" at something too close for a scope to focus on, or if your scope gets fouled with dirt/rain/fog.

378CD084-DBF7-498F-B4F0-B0BE412DFB7D.jpeg CDEEEF92-C6D0-40AD-A6FC-60DEB50E2D72.jpeg

Last Edited:
I put offset BUIS on my 6.8SPC-II hunting rig. Easy transition from scope to BUIS for a "snap shot" at something too close for a scope to focus on, of it your scope gets fouled with dirt/rain/fog.

View attachment 1352218View attachment 1352219
wait, your Leupold rain and fogs up... :p
they can yeah but Ive rarely had that happen with lens covers and a quality optic like Leupold.
Offset sights just dont sing to me... cant do them, want something low profile because irons arent something I will use much even if I add them just because.

What barrel length is that? Im looking at either a 20 or 22inch but never held one.

Wow, those Bobros really are super flat, and as a set they are priced nearly the same as the Magpul PROs.
I think the KACs will be out of my price range, either that or I have to force myself to shoot irons to justify them.... not as if that wouldnt be fun or anything :)
Surprisingly enough, there's enough marines taking their KAC rear sights off and selling them cheap. But I'd advise against it. Cheap is either fake, or is actually from some marine doing that. You get in more trouble than they do usually when folks find out. If they feel like doing something about it that is.

Imo they aren't really worth it outside of cloning something specific. At some point you really are paying for the gun equivalent of balenciaga or gucci, and one of those companies is literally selling a garbage bag for a few hundred with their name on it.

Surprisingly enough, there's enough marines taking their KAC rear sights off and selling them cheap. But I'd advise against it. Cheap is either fake, or is actually from some marine doing that. You get in more trouble than they do usually when folks find out. If they feel like doing something about it that is.
why would the buyer get in trouble?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads