JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got a chance to spend a serious couple of hours with my Remington R1S Enhanced at the range today. I was able to tweak the sights and get it shooting exactly where it's aimed. Towards the end I burned about 50 rounds at 50 feet using a teacup grip and managed to shoot about 4" groups. My last round was 5 shots rapid fire and I managed to keep 3 of them pretty much dead center. the other two would still have been lethal. I'm loving this gun. It's smooth and well balanced, and everything in the way of controls is right where my hand wants to find it.
GunInv2016-1911-4.jpg

Glad to hear you're enjoying it and it's a good shooter. I've heard good things about that line, and it's a nice looking gun too. Enjoy!

If you don't mind me asking, I'm curious, you mention using a teacup grip. Everything I've ever been taught or even read says not to grip a pistol that way. No dig intended at your shooting style, just curious about it.

Hmmm, maybe this:

"In the Corps, I was taught the "cup & saucer" grip & a modified Weaver stance for requalification/competition shooting. I could rest my left elbow on my body & support the weight of the pistol with my left hand for more stable & accurate target shooting. That's the only thing it's good for...paper targets."

Glad to hear you're enjoying it and it's a good shooter. I've heard good things about that line, and it's a nice looking gun too. Enjoy!

If you don't mind me asking, I'm curious, you mention using a teacup grip. Everything I've ever been taught or even read says not to grip a pistol that way. No dig intended at your shooting style, just curious about it.
It's just the grip that I fall into naturally. I've been doing it so long that it's what feels right. I'm going to try some other grips next time and see what happens.

My sister is a psychotherapist who is a leader in her professional community. She often goes to seminars about the popular new techniques and strategies in psychotherapy. The latest and greatest is always changing, with the older stuff falling out of favor. At one of these conferences not too long ago she stood up at the end and said, "Now let's all go home and use what we've learned here today while it still works." :)

After thinking about it a bit, I wonder if the changing grip styles have anything to do with the recoil found in plastic guns and the assumption that everyone, every time they shoot, is going to be in a tactical, magazine-dump situation.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top