JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't know exactly why I hate my Glock 22 (converted into a Glock 17), but I do. I just can't learn to enjoy it.

My Glock 19 is that perfect balance of carry and capacity, balance and weight. My Glock 35 is the perfect USPSA Limited gun and my G34 is the quintessential Production game.

But my G22/17 just doesn't seem to do anything really well. Don't like it. Don't appreciate it.

How about you?

Have carried a G22 since 2000. Very reliable and I have never had an issue with it. I do not think Glocks are that gun you fall in love with aesthetically but you have to love their simplicity and function.

Last Edited:
^^ What he said. Ergonomically I don't really jive well with my G23. Even after removing the finger groves and doing some mild grip reduction work, the gun still does not lay comfortably in my hand no matter how I change my grip. My G35 feels a little bit better but it is still not a very comfortable gun to shoot all day. After a speed steel match, when I only shoot 200 rounds, I will still get some minor blister/sore sports from my G35.

I do love glocks simplicity, reliability and capacity/weight though. I have close to 1200 rounds through my G35, and I have not had a single malfunction of any kind.

The Walther PPQ or the H&K VP9 are guns to get for me in the near-ish future. It was as though they were molded for my hands, plus they have pretty decent triggers.

I think it was the grip for me with my old G17 (Gen4). It was a perfect fit to my large size hands but the look killed it for me. I had thought about doing a grip reduction but I couldn't get myself to cut it and hurt the poor thing lol.
So I sold it and got a G19 and I love it. I also have a G26 because I don't want the 19 to be alone and get depressed.

Just sold my G19..
Oddly enough the finger grooves and the trigger guard are cut at different angles.. Perhaps just a few centimeters smaller.. But either way my fingers rode on the raised portions and not the grooves themselves.. I hated it, enough to where I could never get the grip I enjoyed on the pistol.

Switching over to all full sized Glocks.
G21 next :)

I own both but prefer the 22.. in fact as soon as I finish my Doc Holliday crossdraw shoulder holster, my new primary will be a full size EAA Witness Elite 10MM. Full size service pistols for me. The rig will also have a detachable SOB holster for my BUG, a KAHR CW45 and as many Safariland horizontal mag carriers as conditions warrant

On any given qualification day I can put between 400 and 700 rounds through my G22. No failures on the part of the gun. A couple of failures on my part, mainly from not making sure the magazine is seated. It just keeps going and going. Did have no replace the night sights as they just faded away. On the other hand I bought a 26 and it was really hurting my hand so I traded it away for an AR. Years ago I carried a 17 and had no issues with it either. Ugly can be beautiful, don't judge a gun or person by their looks.

Pic is a bit blurry but you get the idea. Need to punch some holes, aluminum black the alum rivets and make the Kahr holster and it's done. I sized it for concealed or open carry over a heavy coat. 15 rds of 10MM will get 'em off you..

21jdg0g.jpg

Hmmm, I shyed away from the 22 and went for the compromise size of the 23 only to ralize the compromise stunk and went down to the 27. Now my tastes are moving larger and the 22, 35 grip is looking better again. Soon I'll have all 4 and won't have to worry about it...

I no longer have any Glocks, although I did like the Glock 19 I had enough that I almost kept it. They're so reliable and functional, but I simply can't understand why in today's world, where polymer can be crafted into any shape you want, Glock continues to ignore introducing enhanced ergonomics into its pistols. Shortening the frame and adding finger grooves that, as far as I can tell, don't really fit anyone's fingers, seems lame for a company as successful as Glock is. It's almost like they pride themselves on being clunky and are afraid changing will make them too much like other manufacturers. I have a CZ P-01 that carries a NATO certification number for its proven ruggedness, has ergonomics that are simply amazing, eats anything and everything I feed it, is accurate to the nth degree, weighs less than most Glocks, and costs just about the same as most Glocks. I just think Glock can do better.

My G35 has a grip that was custom modded/stippled by the previous owner for competition shooting. I don't shoot for competition, but I love the gun. It's the most comfortable Glock I've ever held. It's got a front fiber optic sight and is really accurate. Plus I've got a nice 9mm conversion barrel that makes for a nice change of pace from time to time. At the moment, it is my bedside gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top