JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I thought Mini-14s were second best or even considered obsolete crap to those who really depend on their weapons to protect and serve?
This one has the tapered barrel so its at least from 2008 and the Stock upgrade???
It might be brand spanking new.

I don't think this is a case of wearing out old equipment before replacing. I think some depts. prefer them.

upload_2015-12-4_18-23-55.png

Not having that problem with my taper barrel.
I am starting to re-think the ear blasting that a Mini gives over an AR though.
Haven't shot either without plugs but I'm thinking it may be true. I'd love to see some Data.
In a situation earplugs may not be inserted yet.

I shot my AR with a Miculek comp on the barrel. Without ear protection.
I though I blew out my drums. I've shot 12ga, my 9mm, and .40 cal and nothing was like that AR.
It hurt bad, I fired off about 4 rds. Never do that again.

I cut back my barrels to 16" and installed the birdcadge/front sight combo all to stiffen the barrel:mad:
Let me assure you when SHTF you will experience aural shut down and not hear the gun fire

I thought Mini-14s were second best or even considered obsolete crap to those who really depend on their weapons to protect and serve?
This one has the tapered barrel so its at least from 2008 and the Stock upgrade???
It might be brand spanking new.

I don't think this is a case of wearing out old equipment before replacing. I think some depts. prefer them.

View attachment 266556

The tactical Minis have forged barrels and will shoot as well as a AR, maybe better depending on optics

Ive always wanted a Mini-xx. I still can't decide between a 14 or a 30. I've always leaned towards a 30 since they are proprietary mags anyway, might as well have one in 7.62x39. Then I hear the stories of inaccuracy and it slips down the list. :oops: