JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've an old 1891 Mosin rifle made in 1896 that I had not shot since buying it from a board member last year. So it was time to take it out as I have use of a private range, covered , enclose shooting bench, for sighting in. So I get back home and I find the front sling-hanger is gone. A 110 year old rifle and the first time I use it I loose a part of it that has managed to stay put for over a century.
I felt bad for that and went back out today with a string trimmer, rake and a helper to find it. Nothing in the weeds so into the shack I go just for the heck of it. Found the cross bolt in the corner. Showed the help the screw and she says the shackle is on the floor at my feet. OH HAPPY DAY.
Back at home it got lock-tite and a little peening to stay put.
As for a range report, it shoots a 6" group at 100 yards. Dark bore but it's cleaning up with shooting. And only used a notched board for a rest. I'm sure it will get better.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top