JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Happy trails old friend. 14 years for you was like 98 in human years. I hope you're chasing bears somewhere with Molly and Sky, who left us before you did. You gave us lots of good pups and would always listen to our troubles, and though you did eat a chicken now and then, that's a forgivable fault in a great bear hunter. RIP Boomer...

Boomer3.jpg Boomer1.jpg BoomerFace1sm.jpg BoomerLookupsm.jpg boomer-end - 4.jpg boomer-end - 5.jpg Boomer - 19.jpg boomer-end - 1.jpg Sky_BoomerCropped.jpg Boomer - 8.jpg

Losing a dog is like losing a kid.
I think Mark Twain said "If dogs aren't allowed in heaven then I want to go where they go."

When you lose a cherished dog a small part of you (at least of me) dies also
I was that way when our Great Pyrenees Abigail died of cancer several years ago
While this poem is a bit on the mush side, it keeps me going sometime, just on the very off chance that part of it may come true when it's my turn.
For Boomer, Molly and Sky.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Boomer, go run again with Molly and Sky
Let people in the woods think they hear a dog on the wind
May tales of your glory and shenanigans be told for years to come
And Mr & Mrs Z³ warmly remember you to the end of their days.
God speed

Godspeed Boomer! Sorry for your loss my friend. It's true, they quickly grow on you and when they depart, they leave not only a hole in your heart but sweet memories to cherish forever...

It's sad to lose a best buddy... :-(

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads