JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
NRA-ILA | Gun limits could lead to recalls of California legislators

NRA-ILA | Gun limits could lead to recalls of legislators

Gun limits could lead to recalls of legislators

Posted on October 11, 2013

Gun-rights advocates are ready to launch a recall attempt aimed at some of California's most vulnerable Democratic

state lawmakers - and the party's supermajority hold on the Legislature - if Gov. Jerry Brown signs some of the dozen-plus gun-control bills sitting on his desk.

Read the Article:
Gun limits could lead to recalls of legislators - SFGate

The problem there is the mentality of the state and the south of the border crew.

We did a door to door recall on the late 80's or maybe 1990. It was against Rick Bauman in Portland for
his damned anti gun bill. I went and walked for a couple days gathering signatures, bumping heads with the libs that were out campaigning and also trying to counter the recall. It only took about 7500 signatures to get it on the ballot, but it failed. Too many lefties in Portland.
Don't remember if that helped, but he lost in the next election.
Didn't make a hill of beans in that city. Every politician in the city and county are liberals.

Believe it when I see it.

California voters by and large, see guns as BAD and DANGEROUS.

I won't hold my breath for the recall. Though I will send it some money, in the probably vain hope.

This is what happens when you vote Democrat. I will say it again and again.

As much as I despise the GOP, the Dems are MUCH worse, even if you care about nothing but gun rights.

Our gun rights are what give us the ABILITY to threaten government for it's misdeeds.

If you care in any way about limited government, whatever your misgivings, you HAVE to vote GOP. Because they are the only people willing to support the right of the people to take up arms.

And in the end, that' the only thing that will curtail the federal government's march toward complete supremacy.

We ARE the 9th and 10th amendments.

We are fighting the same battle, but for different reasons. I am not into threatening the government by arms or any type of revolt. I threaten the government with my vote. I fight to protect my 2A rights to protect my family from those that would do us harm.

To be honest, I would probably poop my pants when the Blackhawk helicopter hovers over my house. :s0131:

Pissing yourself (literally) is more common in combat and dumping in your shorts isn't uncommon if one gets hit pretty bad... But after the piss and/or dump, and through the shaking/trembling legs and hands, enduring your pulse POUNDING in your ears from elevated bloodpressure caused from the instant adrenaline surge, and trying not to hyperventilate... You still have to function, you still have to fight... whatcha gonna do?

Not picking on you, just trying to nudge others past the unrealistic thoughts of what it "means" to really fight is all. ;)

there are some really decent gun owning folks in CA, they are fighting an uphill battle against tyranny and deserve all our support. BTW building a really big crossbow, bubblegum blackhawks.

Which very well may wind up being the government before too long, then what?
The US military has lost every war that it has had to fight with enemies using insurgency as a primary tactic.

The US military is singularly ill equiped to fight a war of supression if the gov't tried to take all guns.

I worked in mil intel and they ran this scenario thousands of times. A civil war (which is what you'd have on your hands if they tried to confiscate all firearms) in the US would go exceptionally bad for the federal gov't.

People would start sniping humvees as soon as people got out of them to fuel up (the US is too widely spread to allow military vehicles to move from depot to depot they'd have to use civilian fuel stops.)

People would acquire weapons and ammo from raiding US military convoys and raids on material stockpiles... and blackhawks and the like would be brought down by captured SAMs and high powered rifles with ap rounds. ... or by the inevitable degrading of forces due to sabotaged replacement parts, insurgency based traps, raids, and traitors within the Federal gov'ts own ranks.

Every scenario ends with the federal gov't defeated, they simply do not have the loyalty and the support they'd need to keep the entire military industrial complex going for an occupation, and they know it.

No, but as a Messianic Psychopath the current Scumbag-in-Chief is more likely to push the Big Red Button on his own than a sane leader... and he and his people hate us and think there are too many people, particularly too many of US, in the world anyway.

Remember, the LAST time a personality like him took the world stage was Hitler, who when he saw it was hopeless ordered the SS to start destroying everything and EVERYONE?

Good news: ICBM's have a minimum range just from simple ballistic trajectories. BAD news: B-52s don't... and missile subs can be redeployed to place targets within the range donut as needed.

No, but as a Messianic Psychopath the current Scumbag-in-Chief is more likely to push the Big Red Button on his own than a sane leader... and he and his people hate us and think there are too many people, particularly too many of US, in the world anyway.

Good news: ICBM's have a minimum range just from simple ballistic trajectories. BAD news: B-52s don't... and missile subs can be redeployed to place targets within the range donut as needed.

at the same time you have to rely on people to do the dirty, and there are to many good people to do ship like that.

One would HOPE, amigo, but this ain't my grandfather's military--remember, Obugger has been systematically working on a purge of the senior officers, with his litmus test being one question: "Will you fire on American citizens without hesitation if I tell you to?"

As long ago as the 1980s, policy re questionable orders was "obey first, question after"...

Also, with a sub they may not know exactly WHAT the coordinates of their target represent... I once toured a drydocked Ohio (a friend was retiring as a Captain rom the naval Reserve and a former sub skipper who did a couple boomer patrols, and he arranged it) and once the order comes, inside that launch control center once the order comes in the only thing that matters is spinning up the missiles, punching in the coordinates given correctly and pushing the button... even if those coords are your own position.

Granted, he DOES have to get a second member of the National Command Authority to consent to the order, but with the crowd he's surrounded himself with it'd be harder to find one who WOULDN'T.

You still have to function, you still have to fight... whatcha gonna do?

Not picking on you, just trying to nudge others past the unrealistic thoughts of what it "means" to really fight is all. ;)

We have two modes, fight or flight. I will chose flight and commandeer a sail boat and sail away into the sunset so I can sit on the beach and get drunk while waiting for you brave soldiers to save the good ol USA. OK, I am joking here. I do not believe that things will come to the level that many of you are talking about. So, have at guys, I am off to google to find a good beach far far away. :)

This is honestly a lot of wishful thinking, gun owners in california are hopping mad, and are hopping right out of the state, taking their guns, businesses, vehicles, and other taxable personal property right out of the state.

California pretty much kicked off the recall movement back in 2000 with grey davis, who brought a combination of gun control bills, horrible government policy, and total mismanagement to the state. When it got so bad that cal-iso couldn't even keep the lights on and the only solution was a 10b bailout of the electrical grid, he was gone.

Thing is, there are more than a few californians who saw the writing on the wall, and jumped ship, myself included. With a combination of gerrymandered districts, and the fact that in nearly every coastal county, all of the "republicans" have just up and left, and the inland populations are too low to really concentrate political power. Thus I have zero hope for california as a whole, both in terms of politics as well as management, It's going to be the next detroit unless it splits into Jefferson, and even then, whatever "state" is saddled with the pension liabilities will be going detroit before the decade is out.

It seems that now is a better time to start talking succession than recall.

This is honestly a lot of wishful thinking, gun owners in california are hopping mad, and are hopping right out of the state, taking their guns, businesses, vehicles, and other taxable personal property right out of the state.

California pretty much kicked off the recall movement back in 2000 with grey davis, who brought a combination of gun control bills, horrible government policy, and total mismanagement to the state. When it got so bad that cal-iso couldn't even keep the lights on and the only solution was a 10b bailout of the electrical grid, he was gone.

Thing is, there are more than a few californians who saw the writing on the wall, and jumped ship, myself included. With a combination of gerrymandered districts, and the fact that in nearly every coastal county, all of the "republicans" have just up and left, and the inland populations are too low to really concentrate political power. Thus I have zero hope for california as a whole, both in terms of politics as well as management, It's going to be the next detroit unless it splits into Jefferson, and even then, whatever "state" is saddled with the pension liabilities will be going detroit before the decade is out.

What % of the CA population actually vote ?

Agreed completely man. I left the state for all those reasons and then some. The state will fall if things don't change and you and I both know, they will not change. People with common sense are outnumbered in the polls 1000 to 1. I voted in every election I could and was always on the losing side. Just craziness. Tax paying, freedom loving people are fleeing in droves. The state will run them all out eventually leaving the other type.

I do not know the actual figures but it always seemed to me the state was essentially controlled by the densely populated coastal areas which definitely seem to swing on the liberal , mommy government side of things. I support the state of Jefferson , don't get me wrong, but what the state really needs is to split right down the center and form left California and right California.

I moved out in 03 and will never move back!

I don't even want to go back to visit... Move back ? I couldn't imagine that after living in the evergreen state. I follow politics very closely and have since I got here. I see liberals here in Washington that remind me very much of some of the same " leaders " we had that bubblegumed up California. I do not believe Washington could become California....

In my lifetime...

I hope enough Washingtonians wake up and use their votes wisely in the coming years. I don't know for the life of me know why we have the two Washington state congressional senators we do, not only that, the length of time they have been around. My state rep agrees with me. I was shocked when I received his many responses to my letters... First time that has happened in my entire life.

This huge push for gun CONTROL this legislative session just about wore out my keyboard writing the folks in Olympia.

Glad Moonbeam Brown vetoed some of the BS, state is still a lost hope. It will all be back next year dressed up in another suit...

I hope enough Washingtonians wake up and use their votes wisely in the coming years. I don't know for the life of me know why we have the two Washington state congressional senators we do, not only that, the length of time they have been around. My state rep agrees with me. I was shocked when I received his many responses to my letters... First time that has happened in my entire life.

This huge push for gun CONTROL this legislative session just about wore out my keyboard writing the folks in Olympia.

Glad Moonbeam Brown vetoed some of the BS, state is still a lost hope. It will all be back next year dressed up in another suit...

One of those major differences between WA and California is proximity to the state capitol. Despite the fact that king county is solid "blue" country, there are still a significant portion of the population that doesn't want mommy state policies, and when it comes down to it, none of them have a problem jumping in the car, driving the 1-2 hours down to the state capitol and making their voices heard. This is something that is absolutely impossible in california, and for two very specific reasons:

WA does not have a full time legislature, nor should it. The creation of a full time legislature that has nothing to do but sit around and make more laws is a disaster.
Because of the proximity to the state capitol there is instant feedback between the population and what the legislators want to do.

In california it is simply impossible to "make your voice heard" because showing up to scream at the legislature requires an 8+ hour drive, which you may be forced to make any time of the year. In WA there's a 60 day window, from january to march in which you may be required to come down and put the politicians in their place. Even then, bills can only be proposed until mid feb. This means plenty of warning, if only you pay attention.

Does it matter? I know I did when I lived there, did it do any good? Not really, my voice was drowned out by billions in union money and illegal aliens.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top