JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey all~
I'm wondering if anybody could help me out with a little article I'm hoping to write, comparing (preferably) early '70's-era M16 (or AR15) and AK47. Hoping to compare early 70's versions to get an idea of what our Viet Nam Vets were using after the problems of the ±'66-'69 M16's had been rectified (widely reported corrosion issues, FTE's, etc) & what they were up against with the NVA/VC using AK47s. There will be no political slant to this article, and I don't know if it'll even be published. I'm not looking to answer the ol' 'which is better' question, I'm only looking a first-hand, personal experience shooting both from a noob's perspective. Full auto capability would certainly add to my education but isn't a necessity. You can tell me how you'd like to be credited-- by your forum handle, real name, pseudonym, whatever you'd prefer.

My experience firing either of these platforms is nil. I'm a pistol guy with a CHL and I'm hardcore about firearm safety always being priority #1. You'd teach me the correct method of operation, and I'll be 100% attentive.

Any input, assistance or guidance in working this out would be much appreciated. I would of course cover all expenses for transpo, ammo, food, etc.

Of course, I'd also cover your transpo & coffee, lunch, whatever for a preliminary meet-up so you can suss me out & be sure I'm not some freak. I'd be glad to offer personal references as well.

Thanks for reading, PM me or post here if you might have any input, questions, etc. I'd appreciate it. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top