JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have gun and ammo. I assume I have clothes that would suffice but that's only an assumption. I'm a hard worker and not a cheap bubblegum. I won't give away your spots. I can be a pretty good friend too. If you don't want to take me under your wing (understandably so) just general advice would be appreciated too.

I love getting out and hunting, would be nice to fill the void of big game hunting during the off season.

Please pm me if your interested.

I come from waterfowl hunting in Nebraska, mostly sitting in a well supplied goose blind, so it was quite the change to hunting on the Columbia River, also a bit intimidating. It took a couple years of searching before I found someone willing to show me the ropes, I would ask around and mostly get responses like "just go out to the islands, it's easy hunting" except I don't have a boat, or "walk the tracks to the Jon Day and shoot them from the bridge" well okay but how do I get my birds out of the slough without a dog. Finally a friend of my wife was complaining that her husband's friends were blowing him off so she told her about my problems finding a hunting buddy and since then we have been hunting regularly. Waterfowlers seem to be as secretive as elk hunters about their spots, but keep trying and be patient you'll find a mentor. If your ever want to go hunt in the Astoria area PM me and I will show you the little I know.

I come from waterfowl hunting in Nebraska, mostly sitting in a well supplied goose blind, so it was quite the change to hunting on the Columbia River, also a bit intimidating. It took a couple years of searching before I found someone willing to show me the ropes, I would ask around and mostly get responses like "just go out to the islands, it's easy hunting" except I don't have a boat, or "walk the tracks to the Jon Day and shoot them from the bridge" well okay but how do I get my birds out of the slough without a dog. Finally a friend of my wife was complaining that her husband's friends were blowing him off so she told her about my problems finding a hunting buddy and since then we have been hunting regularly. Waterfowlers seem to be as secretive as elk hunters about their spots, but keep trying and be patient you'll find a mentor. If your ever want to go hunt in the Astoria area PM me and I will show you the little I know.
Thank you, I appreciate it. I'll shoot you a PM.

Its easy..Go find a farm that is swampy during winter and cuts hay..Buck hay in exchange for hunting access..Practice wader dropping in case you go swimming too deep, And dont be a dick and leave shells and trash. Columbia is a treasure trove of islands and sloughs.. learn them and who owns what..Oh yeah dont forget learning tides and such. Watched a few folks drown over the years out there.

Its easy..Go find a farm that is swampy during winter and cuts hay..Buck hay in exchange for hunting access..Practice wader dropping in case you go swimming too deep, And dont be a dick and leave shells and trash. Columbia is a treasure trove of islands and sloughs.. learn them and who owns what..Oh yeah dont forget learning tides and such. Watched a few folks drown over the years out there.
Thank you.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads