Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for FACTS About 870 Barrel Clamps

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by RedneckRampage, Dec 30, 2011.

1. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

I have an 870P with a Wilson mag tube extention. I'm looking for a barrel clamp, with a rail, that will work. I ordered a Nordic, and it did NOT work. I'm now looking at Mesa Tactical. Anybody have first hand experiance?

2. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

What about the Nordic didn't work?? They're a great company and I'm sure a phone call could help clear things up!

3. RedneckRampage

The radiuses were just not right, it didn't clamp all the way, and I didn't want it to bind things up. I just ordered this - TacticalShotgunner.com

4. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

The MESA clamp is gtg, what are you mounting? My only problem with the MESA and rail was weight. Tac Star makes a steel plain jane clamp that works and is light, it's just not tacticool.

5. RedneckRampage

I'm putting a Surefire Scout light on it.

6. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

I have two steel clamps in this 870, one for the tube and one for the light. The MESA with a rail is going to be real close weight wise. I built this thing a long time ago, before mesa made clamps. I'm going back to a kiss style, plain Jane composite furniture, no light and a single clamp for the +2 tube. I'll keep the heat shield, it gets hot in a hurry.

PICT0006.jpg

7. RedneckRampage

Mine is pretty simple, I like the KISS idea also. It's an 870P w/Iron Sight ghost rings, Speedfeed IV-S, Wilson +2. I ordered the MESA clamp and am going to get a Surefire to put on the rail and that's it. I don't like not having a light on an HD gun. With my pistol, I can use a light, can't with a long gun.