JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So just run it like a red dot even though it is magnified?
I do this with my PA SLX 2.5x prism scope and it works great. Had it on my CZ EVO for a bit. Helped my accuracy at further distance and was just as fast up close. Even though you're ACOG is 3.5x, the glass is better and I'm sure it will work fine. Using low magnification has advantages over a red dot IMO.

Unless the sun is streaming right in your face, shoot with 2 open eyes on all scopes, whether at magnification of 2X or 45X.

What do you guys think about the nightforce NX8? I hear a lot of mixed reviews about it and I'm looking to put something on 11.5 Urgi

What do you guys think about the nightforce NX8? I hear a lot of mixed reviews about it and I'm looking to put something on 11.5 Urgi
It makes a great match for an 11.5, with its tiny footprint and lightweight IF you don't mind dealing with the obnoxiously small eyebox. They are solid scopes with a decent FFP reticle and are plenty bright for daylight use. If size and weight are the priority the NX8 is pretty hard to beat.

Yeah I'm aware of the eye box, what I am concerned about is people complaining about edge distortion and issues with getting a blurry picture at eight times magnification.

I've become a Trijicon fanboy in recent years, apparently. I've ended up with 4 of them. The Credo line seems to be one of the best bangs for the buck. Good glass, lightweight, green illuminated reticles available on most models, as well as reticles you don't need a PHD to operate, nor do they cost you 3 months of paychecks.

I do have a Nightforce SHV and it's an incredible optic, but I don't know that I would buy it again. No experience with an NX8, but I've never had a need for that kind of magnification and I question how well those wide range erectors crammed in a small tube will hold up over time.

I was all set to buy one. When, PA raised the price.

1684784912355.png

Aloha, Mark

I've become a Trijicon fanboy in recent years, apparently. I've ended up with 4 of them. The Credo line seems to be one of the best bangs for the buck. Good glass, lightweight, green illuminated reticles available on most models, as well as reticles you don't need a PHD to operate, nor do they cost you 3 months of paychecks.

I do have a Nightforce SHV and it's an incredible optic, but I don't know that I would buy it again. No experience with an NX8, but I've never had a need for that kind of magnification and I question how well those wide range erectors crammed in a small tube will hold up over time.
I'll second the Trijicon. I've got an ACOG and a Tenmile, and I'm pretty happy with both.

Yeah I'm aware of the eye box, what I am concerned about is people complaining about edge distortion and issues with getting a blurry picture at eight times magnification.
Love my NX8 which is running on my 12.7" SBR which I have used to engage targets out to 700 yards while also running like a red dot for close in work. While not as nice as a stand alone red dot, it works very nicely for what it is. I have had no issues with distortion or blurry picture. Makes me wonder if those folks setup their diopter properly. I have owned a decent number of LPVO's and also ran a number of others on friends setups. The only two I don't have personal experience with in the upper end of the market is Kahles and EoTech Vudu both of which I have heard great things about. Was not impressed with the Vortex Razor 1-10 which was like looking through a fish eye lens to my eyes. Owned a Trijicon Credo 1-8 which I sold to a buddy, excellent optics and scope but was a heavy pig. I do own a Credo 1-6 still and really like it for the price point. Own a couple Leupold VX6 LPVO's and they are nice but not sure they are worth the money.

If you are familiar with the eye relief on the NX8 and don't have an issues with it then you should be happy with the optic. An EOtech Vudu 1-10 will be the next LPVO I give a try.

I think that is more of a product of the tight eyebox people are experiencing, there is nothing wrong with the glass. I've not had that issue in my limited use no distortion, fish-eyeing or shadowing, again within the tight eyebox, get out of it and you start seeing scope edge showing just like any other optic. My thoughts on the NX8, if coming from a RDS or EOTech background this may not be the scope for you, if coming from an ACOG background you'll be fine with it. A few of the guys I see with the NX8 also run it with an RMR or ACRO at 12 o'clock.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top