JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got one carry model in 9mm with night sights and threaded barrel, I really like the pistol and use it for my bed side gun.

I think you're fine when it comes to the pistol itself but how do you feel...and what is known...about the sig optic? How has it been standing up to the recoil...and/or has it even been out long enough to know?

It's an interesting choice to sell the pistol with the optic instead of just the cut slide. But there are some pluses to it. It looks like the packaged price is cheaper than what you could buy them separately for. And the Romeo1 was supposedly designed from the ground up to go on a pistol so presumably they built the thing to withstand the recoil. To that end, I presume there is a warranty on the optic so I would want to know what that is. Is it good for a year or the life of the pistol/optic?

I think you're fine when it comes to the pistol itself but how do you feel...and what is known...about the sig optic? How has it been standing up to the recoil...and/or has it even been out long enough to know?

It's an interesting choice to sell the pistol with the optic instead of just the cut slide. But there are some pluses to it. It looks like the packaged price is cheaper than what you could buy them separately for. And the Romeo1 was supposedly designed from the ground up to go on a pistol so presumably they built the thing to withstand the recoil. To that end, I presume there is a warranty on the optic so I would want to know what that is. Is it good for a year or the life of the pistol/optic?

Not sure how this pertains to the OPs post?

the Romeo 1 has a 5 year warranty. I thought it was lifetime before just checking as I was looking at the Romeo 5 which does have a lifetime warranty (Infinite Guarantee).

Yeah I'd actually prefer to get the notched slide but then again I'd be surprise if all the pistol mountable reflex sites have the same foot print.

But I have done a little research and as an overall fighting pistol system I think the 320 RX is a pretty solid package. Hence I'd like to know what peoples experiences are with the gun itself.

Who has one and what has your experience been with it?

I'm looking at getting the P320 RX Compact when I can find it. Will likely get a Carry frame to go along with it.

I just picked up a P320 Compact. I rented a bunch of other pistols- HK VP9 and P30, Walther PPQ and CCP, Glocks, S&W M&Ps, Ruger American, and many more over several months. I kept coming back to the P320. I really liked the way it shot for me, the trigger is really what sold me.
I don't plan on getting the RX model- unless they come out with a .45 full size with a threaded barrel. Then I'll have to buy another can and make that my nightstand backup gun. I'm not sure how I feel about carrying with the Romeo.. I would probably damage it! I do plan on getting some Gray work done and a set of Truglo TFXs. And a good holster!
Not sure what advantage the Carry frame will give you- the 17 round mags will fit the Compact, just stick out a little. I am thinking of picking up a Subcompact frame to see if it hides better. Again, my 15 round mags will fit, just sticking out a bit.

I highly recommend renting one (along with everything else you can get your hands on), if you haven't shot one yet. I put several hundred rounds through a rental before I decided to buy one..:D

I just picked up a P320 Compact. I rented a bunch of other pistols- HK VP9 and P30, Walther PPQ and CCP, Glocks, S&W M&Ps, Ruger American, and many more over several months. I kept coming back to the P320. I really liked the way it shot for me, the trigger is really what sold me.
I don't plan on getting the RX model- unless they come out with a .45 full size with a threaded barrel. Then I'll have to buy another can and make that my nightstand backup gun. I'm not sure how I feel about carrying with the Romeo.. I would probably damage it! I do plan on getting some Gray work done and a set of Truglo TFXs. And a good holster!
Not sure what advantage the Carry frame will give you- the 17 round mags will fit the Compact, just stick out a little. I am thinking of picking up a Subcompact frame to see if it hides better. Again, my 15 round mags will fit, just sticking out a bit.

I highly recommend renting one (along with everything else you can get your hands on), if you haven't shot one yet. I put several hundred rounds through a rental before I decided to buy one..:D
The Romeo seems like it would be extra baggage on a carry gun.
It might be nice on a full size or a long slide for target shooting.

Dood, why? Do you have an itchy beard or someting?

My beard is generally not too itchy, but I don't get the reference.

Why, several reasons. The modularity thing is pretty awesome. I wasn't even aware of this new direction until I started looking at the P320 because of the Army announcement. The different frames, the ease of caliber swapping, very cool options and I love option. I've watched and read a few reviews on the P320 and the majority are very positive.

I also saw MAC's torture trial of the P320, seems pretty legit.

I was intrigued but on the fence about these, because while I found that I like the trigger slightly better than the Glock trigger, I thought the exchange kits and frames might be hard to find.

But now that the military has picked them, they are going to be turning out millions of these.

I would go for it, you can have dozens of gun caliber and size choices with only one 4473.

Edit: Another cool thing about these is that if you want to stiple your grip or shave the frame and screw it up, a new frame is only $46.00

Last Edited:
I had a P320 which worked flawlessly but I didn't shoot it as well as my CZ P07 Omega. I much prefer the CZ but most seem to go for the Sig. Can't go wrong with either.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top