JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was searching for a new 308 win bolt action rifle all weekend. I am a compulsive researcher trying to buy the best for my budget. I found a Savage with accutrigger and Nikon scope at Bi-Mart for $429 (not looking for a tac driver). This was the best all around deal. Seen lots of package (rifle, scope) deals, but this seemed to have some nice points (trigger and scope). The stock is not the accustock, but is better then most of the synthetic factory stocks. I want the synthetic because of durability and weight. Has anybody shot this combination? Is the Scope any good?

I have 2 savages in plastic stocks do not over tighten the bedding screws as the stock/trigger guard will interfere with the trigger. You will eventualy want a differant scope. The rifles are very accurate mine holds 2.3" at 200 yards.

Not to put to fine of point on it but if its a 308 then it is a model 11 the short action is an 11 the long (270 30-06 etc) is a model 111 since the only diff is the lenght of the action they combine them in the catalog

I'm trying to figure out what model the Nikon scope is (monarch, prostaff, or generic). Nikon makes good stuff for a reasonable price. I will have to go over to Keith's to see what his price is on rifle only and then maybe I can spend (in budget) on a low end leupold or redfield scope.

You can call them also if you can have the manufac # as in MFG#: *19178 that for a xp in 308 blue barrel and with scope. I went to savage website found the one I like/afford got the manufac # then call keith's gave them the # they contacted their different source's then call me back with the price. Five days later I had my rifle.

My son has a 111 in 30-06 and with the POS package stock and handloads he was shooting quarter sized 3 shot groups at 100 yards. So the Savages can be tack drivers just the way they come from the store. I suggest you give the thing a try before you change stuff around.

And keep and eye on Midway for the magazines to go on sale. they are not cheap.

I'm trying to figure out what model the Nikon scope is (monarch, prostaff, or generic). Nikon makes good stuff for a reasonable price. I will have to go over to Keith's to see what his price is on rifle only and then maybe I can spend (in budget) on a low end leupold or redfield scope.

I have a 2X7X32 Prostaff on 3 rifles I buy them from Natcheez Shooters Supply for around $100
I had a Redfield 2X7X32 that I bought 2.5 years ago as well, It sold for $110, quality was virtualy identicle but the Redfield has doubeled in price!

the scope is a nikon prostaff with bdc reticle. i just bought the model 11 trophy hunter xp in .308 w/accutrigger w/o accustock and literally just got done shooting it like 10 min ago... i was shooting quarter size groups at 100yd. it took me 3 shots to get it zero'd at 100yd. i am very very very impressed with this gun. it is my second savage the other being a model 116 in 300 win mag non accutriger and non accustock, its an older savage. and i absolutely cannot believe the "out of the box" accuracy with both of these rifles. i shoot remington core lokt 150gr for my .308 and remington core lokt 180gr for the win mag. both guns love this ammo. i have shot the hornady ammo out of both and have had the same if not a little bit better accuracy. i stick with the remington core lokt because its the same accuracy for a lot less price.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top