JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
dobie.jpg

Those Darned Dobermans & The Doberman Gang, we great campy movies. I was attacked pretty good by one when I was about 8. I blamed the owner. Not the dog.

That is so true. It is in how you raise them and gain the confidence and self esteem of the dog. At night watching TV he is the biggest lap dog and he is extremely smart. He minds very well after going through basic obedience training.

I showed your boy to my wife this AM, she loves him! Both big Doberman fans here!
How much does he weigh, these days? :D

I've owned a lot of large dogs, Dobermans are our favorites, but we are fond of Rottweilers too!
The differences in their personalitys and modus operandi are vast!
As an example,

If you are out and your Doberman sees something at 100yds he will raise his head and focus, exactly like the OP's photo! He won't do anything else, just be focused! I like their
alertness the best!:)

Now, if you are in the same situation as before, your Rottweiler has not even seen the intruder.........Because....He's asleep!!! yup, Rottweilers operate on a, "I'm going to sleep now, dad! If anything comes around I'll wake up and kill it! Ohhhhh......I hope I don't have to wake up....I'll just be hungry anyway!

If you give a command to a Doberman you're getting the same intensity stare! He is anticipating the command. When you are tight with your dog, he will correctly, anticipate you're thoughts a high percentage of the time.

Rottweiler, not so much! You have to give the dog the command and then stare into his eyes and out wait him! HE HAS TO THINK ABOUT IT!!! I chitt you not! He's going to do it , but in his own sweet time! No worries though, if he picks up stress in your voice, he'll be alert in a heartbeat!

Dogs are the best! :D

Last Edited:
I have always wanted a Doberman, but was always told they were not a god breed for kids, same as Rotties. Most of that is B.S. as I have learned, but it takes time to get both the dog AND the kids in sinc!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top