JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone!
I've been in the NW area for about 8 years now. I mainly grew up in the Midwest. I enjoy shooting and used to shoot regularly, I've done my own reloads as well, mostly handguns. I would like to hopefully meet up with some awesome people in the Portland/Beaverton/Hillsboro area to share my same interest. Sorry any friends further out, I have a pretty tight schedule when I do have time, unfortunately I can't travel very far.
Since moving out here it seems that indoor ranges are very limited in the area. And of the public ones available they either have horrible scary reviews or just charges outrageously and required purchase of their ammunitions. Unfortunately I'm still on the waitlist for any club, I've seen on the forum there are state parks with shooting areas, but I have never been to shooting areas as such, so I'm a bit nervous to venture to those areas.
With that I really hope I will make some great friends here to show me the rope so I can get out and enjoy doing something I enjoy a lot.

Thank you!!!

I'm a member of an indoor range and, while some of the reviews were hostile, I've not had one single problem there. If you follow the rules, it's all good. I think some of those reviews were made by idiots who 1) have no idea exactly what the hazards are, 2) felt entitled to do what they darn well pleased, and, 3) must have figured a bad review would hurt the business or the owner.

The range I go to doesn't require you buy your ammo from them, they have very reasonable lane fees and I enjoy going there.

I don't believe there are state parks with shooting areas in Oregon. You can open carry or conceal carry in a state park.

There are outdoor shooting areas on government managed lands. The closest to me in Hillsboro is North Wolf Creek approx. 30 miles West of the Shute Road exit on Hwy 26. There's a big thread on the site you might be interested in reading. I've never felt nervous about going there but I do keep an eye out for people who are trashing the site, using explosive targets and not applying gun safe practices.

The forum organization also coordinates clean-ups at several sites. If you poke around the site a little bit you'll find more info.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you get a chance to get out and do some shootin'.

Hello everyone!
I've been in the NW area for about 8 years now. I mainly grew up in the Midwest. I enjoy shooting and used to shoot regularly, I've done my own reloads as well, mostly handguns. I would like to hopefully meet up with some awesome people in the Portland/Beaverton/Hillsboro area to share my same interest. Sorry any friends further out, I have a pretty tight schedule when I do have time, unfortunately I can't travel very far.
Since moving out here it seems that indoor ranges are very limited in the area. And of the public ones available they either have horrible scary reviews or just charges outrageously and required purchase of their ammunitions. Unfortunately I'm still on the waitlist for any club, I've seen on the forum there are state parks with shooting areas, but I have never been to shooting areas as such, so I'm a bit nervous to venture to those areas.
With that I really hope I will make some great friends here to show me the rope so I can get out and enjoy doing something I enjoy a lot.

Thank you!!!
Welcome from one newbie to another! Too bad you can't travel very far. With a wider network, you will find something in your area. You're starting at a great place! :)

Welcome! I too never really enjoyed shooting at known shooting spots in the woods. Half the fun for me was finding a good spot on my own through google maps and off-roading. There are a lot of gems out there if you are willing to look for them.

I'm a member of an indoor range and, while some of the reviews were hostile, I've not had one single problem there. If you follow the rules, it's all good. I think some of those reviews were made by idiots who 1) have no idea exactly what the hazards are, 2) felt entitled to do what they darn well pleased, and, 3) must have figured a bad review would hurt the business or the owner.

The range I go to doesn't require you buy your ammo from them, they have very reasonable lane fees and I enjoy going there.

I don't believe there are state parks with shooting areas in Oregon. You can open carry or conceal carry in a state park.

There are outdoor shooting areas on government managed lands. The closest to me in Hillsboro is North Wolf Creek approx. 30 miles West of the Shute Road exit on Hwy 26. There's a big thread on the site you might be interested in reading. I've never felt nervous about going there but I do keep an eye out for people who are trashing the site, using explosive targets and not applying gun safe practices.

The forum organization also coordinates clean-ups at several sites. If you poke around the site a little bit you'll find more info.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you get a chance to get out and do some shootin'.

Do you mind sharing with me the indoor range you are a member of? Is it the one over by Shorewood?

Thank you,

Welcome! I too never really enjoyed shooting at known shooting spots in the woods. Half the fun for me was finding a good spot on my own through google maps and off-roading. There are a lot of gems out there if you are willing to look for them.

That's what worries me. Plus this whole idea of finding " a good spot" in the wood to shoot is totally new to me. I've always either shot on private land in the middle of WI or at a range. So the concept of going to a spot with random people with no monitoring of some sort worries me.

Hello everyone!

Thank you!!!
Welcome! :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top