JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm starting to become REAL disappointed in people not locking their ads after it's sold.:mad:

You follow a thread for 5-6-+ posts, to find it is sold, or pending funds.....from 2 months ago!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

As an active buyer/seller,, can someone please post a reminder to lock at the TOP of the :Dclassifieds???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

C'mon, admit it. You've got more time than money anyway, and you enjoy the crushing rush of an open thread ambush. ;):D

I really have no idea just wha' chu' mean, but I like it, and I'm hoping a MOD will see this thread, act on its request, and then delete the thread.

I have NO idea how to get ahold of a MOD....I remember when they were listed on the right of the screen.....................

But they are CHICKEN now!............buck-buck-buck...:rolleyes:

If you want to contact a Moderator, click the "Report" on the bottom left of the post. It's right below the poster's info. bubblegum to them.

I do agree. Unlocked ads that are out of date are stupid. Almost as stupid as bumping to tell us it's sold...

I've shared some PM's with @Joe Link about this issue too. It's frustrating to search the ads, click on a thread, read through multiple posts, then find out it sold 2 months prior. Just a waste of time. So, I asked if it would be possible, through software, to force an ad to close after a certain period of inactivity, say 30 days. If someone is paying attention to the ad, they could bump it and prevent the closure. But if no one has bothered to bump or close the ad after 30 days, it's likely already sold or they aren't even paying attention to their own ad.

I think it's a good idea and deals with the folks that aren't regulars here, that don't know the rule about closing their own ads, and for the airheads that just forget.

As I recall, Joe indicated this may be possible, perhaps in a future software update. I tagged him in this post, which should get his attention and hopefully his response.

BTW @NoFlinch, if you need to get Joe's attention, just tag him like I just tagged you - just add the "@" symbol followed by their name (as you type a list of names will appear and you can select the proper name from that list, and they will get a notification that you mentioned them in a post. It works well, especially with Joe.

I think it's a good idea and deals with the folks that aren't regulars here, that don't know the rule about closing their own ads, and for the airheads that just forget.

BTW @NoFlinch, if you need to get Joe's attention, just tag him like I just tagged you - just add the "@" symbol followed by their name (as you type a list of names will appear and you can select the proper name from that list, and they will get a notification that you mentioned them in a post. It works well, especially with Joe.
I don't know if this works; @etrain16 like that?

@NoFlinch :s0058: and :s0066:

Some of us gave up when the ads changed and do not even know how to lock it. All I know to do is report it. Then it is out of my hands.
The info you need is located in the "How do I" section of the main forum page, imagine that. Some have reported that their smartphones are not so smart and have difficulty YMMV.

The info you need is located in the "How do I" section of the main forum page, imagine that. Some have reported that their smartphones are not so smart and have difficulty YMMV.

I did IMAGINE it but then I moved on to other posts that I liked more. I will educate myself. I suppose I should know how to lock it down without having to report it. My smart phone is wayyyyy too smart. It corrects me more than my wife so I try to pretend I cannot hear it...That works better with the wife I have found.

I have NO idea how to get ahold of a MOD....I remember when they were listed on the right of the screen.....................

The tab at the top that says "members" click on that and then over to the right click on "staff members". From there you can create a conversation with one, see how easy that was.

I'm confused again.....:confused:....or are you confused...:confused:...I can't tell.
:confused:

You are not responsible for locking OTHERS threads, only your own.:cool:

YOU can't lock OTHERS threads, all you can do is report them.o_O

Yeah I am the confused one...er was. I did the proper way of disabling the thread but also thought I had to report it as nothing said "lock thread" like it used to.
I may have missed one or two in figuring that out BUT I was better at it than I even thought. Deadeye directed me to some knowledge that I could have only IMAGINED prior to your thread. So at least you got something going that taught me a little something something.

So, does "little something something" mean you, in reality, learned a LOT?:confused::confused:

I'm Confused again as to why you are so damn handsome.:confused::confused:............:D:D

Well I take care of myself for one. And for two I learned a little. Learning something you already DID know but just did not realize it was all you needed to learn is confusing. I dunno...Did I learn or confuse myself more??!!

Thanks for the handsome comment BTW!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads