JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was out with a new to me shooter, late 20's. He knew his rifle so I felt comfortable around him. While I was shooting I noticed It took him longer than normal to reload. He only had one mag. Watching him I saw he was load the mag as if it was a single feed, pushing the shells in the mag down and sliding the next one in from the front. That was amusing but I did not give him any grief. "Let me have your mag, there is an easier way". Popped 3-4 down in the time he did one and handed the mag back. We are all new at some time and can always learn. It was funny though.

:rolleyes: As funny as it was I'm sure that we have all been there at one point. Maybe not in this situation but with something. Good on you for teaching him and not being the guy who just laughed.

Have him get one of these...he'll be an expert in no time!

iipsrv__04707.1479258291.400.559.jpg

I can still load up a dozen 30 rd M1 Carbine mags in no time at all. The older grandkid can do it faster. More dexterity. It gets slow towards the end but still doable. Same with the AR15 USGI aluminum 30 rd mags. Very quick very easy.

But ... for some unknown reason except possibly old age I can NOT quickly load up the factory spring assist 13 rd Browning High Power 9mm mags. Something about the design and mag spring. I also bought one of those "LULU" loaders.

Was out with a new to me shooter, late 20's. He knew his rifle so I felt comfortable around him. While I was shooting I noticed It took him longer than normal to reload. He only had one mag. Watching him I saw he was load the mag as if it was a single feed, pushing the shells in the mag down and sliding the next one in from the front. That was amusing but I did not give him any grief. "Let me have your mag, there is an easier way". Popped 3-4 down in the time he did one and handed the mag back. We are all new at some time and can always learn. It was funny though.
I hears ya. It's almost unbearable to watch hickok45 load a pistol magazine.. he'll take one round from the box or pile of ammo and then load it into the magazine.. and then repeat until it's full, generally taking about thirty seconds or so.
Ever since I was a kid I'd scoop up about fifteen cartridges (9mm being the most common) in my right hand and then load the magazine with that hand doing the main work. It's pretty fast not having to shuttle the cartridges from the box, one by one.
With a revolver, if loading loose, same thing but with six.
lol
and maybe he could learn how to count to six too.. kinda speeds up the reload when you know it's actually time to reload

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top