JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wish I lived when you could slap your seceretary on the butt to say job well done.

I graduated in 1997 and even though to me it doesnt feel that long ago it was a time when I could buy a PSE compound bow from my art teacher and bring it home on the bus and the local LEO's would turn a blind eye more often than not to our shenanigans.

Things keep getting crappier. I feel bad for my kids.

BTW why are their three threads like this all spelled different?

I think a lot of folks have a romanticized idea of what living in "simpler times" really means.

This is always the problem. I know people who say they would have loved back in the middle ages but they forget that pesky Black Death thing they had. as far as the 50s and 60s people had that fear of nuclear war hanging over their heads.

thats the whole thing,disease. we think of how good it was but never think of what keep us alive. Smallpox, consumption, everything else. whch is why I cant look back at the good old days. I just feel Like I am a simple person who wishes lived during a more simple tile, no internet, government intrusion,\

Then why are you on the internet. Nothing is forcing you to use it.

Then why are you on the internet. Nothing is forcing you to use it.
thats not the point. the point is that it is here and not going anywhere where as living in another time, it doesn't exist. anyone could go and live in a cave somewhere, the problem is that your still part of this modern society.

I wish I lived when you could slap your seceretary on the butt to say job well done.

I graduated in 1997 and even though to me it doesnt feel that long ago it was a time when I could buy a PSE compound bow from my art teacher and bring it home on the bus and the local LEO's would turn a blind eye more often than not to our shenanigans.

Things keep getting crappier. I feel bad for my kids.

BTW why are their three threads like this all spelled different?

I graduated in 98, and I remember seeing elk and deer in the back of trucks in the school parking lots from kids coming to school during hunting season, seeing their quarry and getting it in the truck. Kids had hunting rifles, shotguns, bows etc in their vehicles and it was no big deal. No one ever went bananas and shot anyone. That was a pretty small town though (1200) people, but we did occasionally get those "gang members" from the big city (Centralia/Chehalis), but they didn't last long, got shown the door pretty quickly. I don't worry about my kids' future too much because they have guns in their school and are smart enough to keep their damn hands off them :s0155:

I was in Africa for half a year and there is still people who live in mud huts way out in the jungle with no electricity or internet. Not much government intrusion either , unless a warlord happens to take over or an enemy tribe comes into the area. That wasn't a problem in Ghana, where I was, thankfully. At least not for now.. But who knows.. :s0131:

Anyway, if you want good ol days, like the way things were back in the day, an option. :D :D :D Lot of people there still sleep next door to their chickens and cows.. You really are more in touch with the source of things. I wasn't too happy with the stinky rotting cow and pig corpses in the market full of flies or the little kids pissing next to where the vegetables and fruits were sitting. But oh well, nothing is perfect! At least the veggies, fruit and piss are all organic and not GMO!

Yeah, I know what you're thinking.. But there was some things about their simple lives I admired.. For one, nobody needed a hunting permit to go hunting, as long as you weren't poaching endangered animals.. You just go out in your backyard and hunt.. Go find some fruit on the trees and pick them. If you are an American, you are guaranteed to be given a nice amount of jungle land by the chiefs if you promise to farm it and give some of the profits back to the chiefs and community.

So this was started at 10:19 last night.
What happened between 10:18 and 10:19 that you for got you started this thread already?
How much did you have to drink young man?

So will we ever find out what mr blonde was injesting when he forgot 2 times that he had started this thread?

I say black jack

And yes I am bored enough to do this
Beer for me

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR