JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sure, sure - you're ready to deal with the zombie apocalypse. But, are you prepared for an African safari in your back yard?

<broken link removed>

What's your go-to safari gun when you look out your back window and see a lion lounging by the kiddie pool?

(I'm thinking a 12 ga slug would do the trick)

2016546189.jpg

Yeah I'm wondering why they just killed all of them instead of trapping them. They were emaciated and the only place the knew as some sort of food supply.
Heck throwing a couple tons of beef would have kept them there till the AM.
I'm sure they had to go get some 416 Rigby's or a few 375 H&Hs to down these things.
No 30 06 could do the job
Never

jk

Yeah I'm wondering why they just killed all of them instead of trapping them. They were emaciated and the only place the knew as some sort of food supply.
Heck throwing a couple tons of beef would have kept them there till the AM.
I'm sure they had to go get some 416 Rigby's or a few 375 H&Hs to down these things.
No 30 06 could do the job
Never

jk

WOW you have to be kidding

There were no hard skined animals and everyone of the critters that were put down during this have been hunted around the world with a 30-06.

Keep in mind before we had 375's and 416's all these same animals were hunted with muzzle loaders and before that Spears.

The hide on a Tiger or Lion is no thicker or more bullet resistant then a Mule Deer or Elk. So to imagine a cop with his buddies .308 or 30-06 wouldn't be able to kill a Lion or tiger standing in someones backyard is just silly.

WOW you have to be kidding

There were no hard skined animals and everyone of the critters that were put down during this have been hunted around the world with a 30-06.

Keep in mind before we had 375's and 416's all these same animals were hunted with muzzle loaders and before that Spears.

The hide on a Tiger or Lion is no thicker or more bullet resistant then a Mule Deer or Elk. So to imagine a cop with his buddies .308 or 30-06 wouldn't be able to kill a Lion or tiger standing in someones backyard is just silly.

And to think that I thought he was being facetious.

Unfortunately there was a lot going on with this. The officers who rolled up saw a large number of the animals running to seemingly get off the property. Had this been in the middle of no where(yeah, Ohio seems like it) there were a lot of neighbors around, the public safety was first and foremost on the minds of the officers. Supposedly the owner opened all the cages then committed suicide. There was legal action against the guy for having animals, maybe he figured since they were wild, to set them free. I can only imagine looking out my kitchen window and having a tiger or lion looking back at me. Not my idea of a subsitute for coffee to wake me up. But as to the ops question, .338 win mag(for now), or 7.62x54r, or if I really desire a single shot challange, 45-70.

It would be kind of cool to take a Bengal in my backyard - talk about the bragging rights. Otherwise, I suspect it wasn't that much fun for the officers involved. More like farming than sporting.

Remember the father who recently shot a bear in his backyard defending his children?

The law arrested him and tried to put him behind bars.

It's OK for the Sheriff's to shoot the whole lot out of fear of the same thing?

Don't get me wrong...I support what the Sheriffs did, it just seems Ironic to me.

Remember the father who recently shot a bear in his backyard defending his children?

The law arrested him and tried to put him behind bars.

It's OK for the Sheriff's to shoot the whole lot out of fear of the same thing?

Don't get me wrong...I support what the Sheriffs did, it just seems Ironic to me.

Wonder if the ESA has an exemption that would cover them. If not, I think it's another illustration of a law that needs changed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top